|The person filling this position will be expected to provide technical knowledge and day-to-day support work related to the PepsiCo Intel infrastructure. The Intel Infrastructure Service team is responsible for administration, project work and ongoing support related to the PepsiCo Network Operating System environments. This job will involve project and support work related to supported version of the Windows operating system, as legacy OS2, new 2B3 OS2 infrastructure, and all OS2 related application infrastructure support.
* Provide 3rd level support for the existing OS2 infrastructure
* Provide engineering support for the development & deployment of the new OS2 infrastructure
* Provide 3rd level support for the new OS2 infrastructure
* Implement SOX required controls within the new OS2 infrastructure
* Engineer workstation builds to support the Pipeline server / OS/2 client running in VPC mode on XP workstations
* Engineer and provide 3rd support for on-site recovery for new OS2 infrastructure
* Work with application teams to refine the application functionality model within the new OS2 infrastructure
* Support the file migrations from legacy OS2 print to Windows NAS devices.
* Investigate & evaluate new technologies where appropriate
* Provide project leadership for Intel aspect of Tier 1,2 & 3 level GTA projects
* Provide technical leadership to junior Intel services staff for support and project work as dictated by management
* Act as liaison other GTA teams, PBSG application teams, and external business clients for required Intel support and project work.
* Participate in and adhere to all PBSG Governance requirements for tier 1, 2, & 3 level project work.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Minimum 5 years experience with OS/2 technology
* Serve as point person for OS/2 Exit project from an Intel perspective.
* Serve as liaison with OS2 application teams in support of OS/2 exit project.
* Provide technical leadership fro all Intel Services team members with project or support visibility to OS/2.
* Provide third level support for new proprietary OS/2 Exit infrastructure environment.
* Minimum 5 years experience with Windows based technology, specifically Windows 2003 & Active Directory.
* Ability to create scripts and automate process in support of the Intel infrastructure
* Strong troubleshooting skills required. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of major Windows subsystems and administration tools. In-depth knowledge of network protocols used by Windows (NBNS, DNS, IP, WINS, etc.) required.
* Experience and in-depth knowledge of Intel servers required. Candidate should be familiar with hardware and software configuration of major server components (BIOS, RAID/disk subsystems, NIC, tape, USB, KVM, etc.)
* Internal candidates should have solid understanding of change management processes (CAB, PACT, etc.) and positive referrals from current manager and CAB team regarding adherence to processes.
* Internal candidates should have has strong background in FLNA OS/2 infrastructure as well as associated application dependencies
* Experience with the Windows XP workstation operating system, and VPC.
* Candidate should possess good project management skills and be capable of developing project plans, delegating work to other team members as required, and providing project status updates as required.
* Strong scripting abilities and experience. Knowledge of Perl and Windows batch scripting required. Experience with C modules a plus. Experience with Windows log-in scripts required.
At the PepsiCo Companies, we are committed to achievement of equality of opportunity for all of our employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law. We respect, value, and welcome diversity in our work force, as well as in our customers, our suppliers and the global marketplace.
The PepsiCo Companies also value being a great place to work and strive to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace. Accordingly, we may condition an offer of employment on the satisfactory completion of a drug screen and background check, subject to applicable laws and/or customs.
To apply for this please then visit Monster.