Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
zionite
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 02 Jan, 2001
1. Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 09 Nov, 2002 10:26 (1 times)
I have had this problem once a while and have'nt really figured out why I get this error when installing Mozilla. Usually, not always, after a re-installation of the OS2 system the error is sometimes gone (no change has been made to the re-installed system). But, still that isn't really solving the problem or figuring out why or what generates the error. Installing Mozilla v1.2b or trying to run v1.1b after installation currently gives me following error:

SYS2070 PID 0048 TID 0001 Slot 0073
D:\PROGRAM\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE
MOZILLA->XPCOM.__vft10nsACString

So what's the problem here; anyone have a clue or an idea to solve this?

Date: 09 Nov, 2002 on 10:20
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Jan, 2001
2. Re:Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Hi,
I found this regarding an old Mozilla version. Perhaps you have the PROGRAMS parameter set in your config.sys (SET AUTOSTART) and has Mozilla running when you shut down the system? My idea is that the old code is loaded at boot and then you install a newer version of mozilla it tries to use the "old" code already loaded in the memory? I don't know if I'm on thin ice here but...

//Jesper

DATE: 11/14/2000 18:07:48
SUBJECT: RE: Conflict of DLLs / XPCOM.DLL

That would be expected as OS/2 would try to use the XPCOM that was already
loaded and since they have different API entry points, it won`t work.

Mike Kaply
IBM

Ralf Barkow wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 07:07 CET, Kunihiko Aizawa wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I don`t worry about warpzilla but other applications
> > which use jpeg.dll, png.dll or z.dll.
>
> One should worry about warpzilla, too. I`ve just build it with vacpp
> from mozilla-source-m18.tar.gz. If this mozilla.exe is running and the
> one coming with mozilla-os2-m18.zip is launched--or the other way round--,
> there is a SYS2070 saying that MOZILLA- >XPCOM.NS_CheckThreadSafe is
> defective.
>
> --
> /rgb

Date: 12 Nov, 2002 on 19:30
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Since I had the same problem today I just had to figure out why it occurs.So here it is; It is finding an XPCOM.DLL that does not match the level of the Mozilla executable. Meaning that as I did I reinstalled ACP2 and as well IBM Browser just to have a proper browser from start. Installing Mozilla or Phoenix works out as it should, until I ofcourse try to start them since it then finds the XPCOM.DLL from IBM Browser. So avoiding installing IBM Browser then does the trick (who needs anyway from the ACP2 CD).

One solution that has worked for many people is to make surethat the first LIBPATH entry in your config.sys is '.;' (without the quotes). Then, before launching your browser, set the working (i.e., the "current") directory to where the browser executable is.

/Kim

Date: 13 Nov, 2002 on 01:10
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

since: 29 Jan, 2001
4. Re:Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
I have the IBM browser installed and uses Mozilla daily but I have to start Mozilla with this command file:
set beginlibpath=d:\progs\mozilla
d:
cd progs\mozilla
mozilla.exe

//Jesper

Date: 13 Nov, 2002 on 18:41
zionite
Normal member
in user

since: 02 Jan, 2001
5. Re:Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Well, thanks got more than enought to solve the problem I had. Big thanks!
Date: 23 Nov, 2002 on 12:29
Mozilla won't start, giving me sys 127 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: