Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Palm Pilot software????
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Jan, 2001
1. Palm Pilot software????
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Is there any software avaliable for os2/ecs for syncronizing and taking backups of the Palm Vx or similar?
I know of StarOffice 5.1 and there was a Java app but that one(jsync manager or something) can't be used because the version have expired.

I need some good advice!

/Jesper

Date: 05 Mar, 2003 on 18:43
Bart
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2003
2. Re:Palm Pilot software????
I have a Palm Vx and I have been using the pilot-link.0.9.3 you can download it from Hobbes at
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-viewer?sh=1&fname=/pub/os2/apps/pim/plk093.zip

It is good for backing up the palm and installing files etc. I have not used it for sync. There may be some more recent ports available. This is a Gnu package. You can also speed up the transfer of files with an envirnment variable setup. look in the docs.

I also found some links here for a pearl program to sync and more
http://www.perelin.de/stellarcom/palmstuff/

Date: 05 Mar, 2003 on 21:46
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

since: 29 Jan, 2001
3. Re:Palm Pilot software????
I have installed Pilot-link and are backing up my Palm as I write this. Thanks!

//Jesper

Date: 06 Mar, 2003 on 08:06
David
Normal member
in user

since: 07 Jan, 2003
4. Re:Palm Pilot software????
I have been using Palm's own software, Palm Desktop 3.0.1, under Odin without any problems, including synchronizing.
Date: 06 Mar, 2003 on 15:59
Palm Pilot software????
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: