Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Annoying Mozilla bug(?)
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
1. Annoying Mozilla bug(?)
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi folks,

Mozilla is driving me mad. Some days ago, it suddenly began to behave like this:

- no longer "accepting" the enter key when typing url
(I have to change the typed url by adding a letter, deleting that letter: Enter now works)
- no longer "animating" the progress bars when downloading/sending mails
- no longer "animating" the mozilla icon (top,right) when browsing
- no longer "animating" the "cycle arrows" in the tabs header when browsing
- no longer working list of urls when typing url
- text field cursor no longer visible until first character entered; not blinking but static

These symptoms aren't that bad, but they are VERY annoying.
Does anyone has experienced (and hopefully solved) this problem too?

Some more clues:
Due to trouble with my soundcard, I lately removed/reinstalled mmpm. Unbelievable, but
the problems were gone. Now after having installed eCS 1.1 they're back but the remedy
didn't work this time...
When temporarily removing plugins and entire profile: Problems remains
When installing different Mozilla version: Problem remains

MUST BE something that relates to OS/2 environment, modules, dlls...? Nasty 3rd party software somewhere?
Who knows - who can help? I know that some people hat similar problems, but I was unable to get in contact
with them. Also, bugzilla didn't quite ease the search for that topic, so thanks if anyone has an idea...

TIA
Thomas

Date: 25 Sep, 2003 on 10:53
Henk
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2003
2. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)
Thomas,

Did you start as a test Mozilla with a new profile.
See if this makes any differences...
Could be something "bad" in your existing profile...

With kind regards,

Henk/2

Date: 25 Sep, 2003 on 23:29
Fudeba
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.caetano.eng.br/
since: 31 Oct, 2003
3. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

warpcafe (25 Sep, 2003 11:53):
Mozilla is driving me mad. Some days ago, it suddenly began to behave like this:

I had the same problem. The vilains:

1) Mix-o-Mat
2) position of SOM path on LIBPATH

The solutions I found:
1) The Agressive correction is enabled, using Timer0. Reconfigure it to NOT use agressive (or use it with regular PM Timer)
2) If you have Toolkit 4.5 installed, the \TOOLKIT\SOM\DLL directory must be in the beggining of the libpath (there is no need of being the first, but it must be before other SOM DLL paths).
These two changes made Mozilla work again.

[]'s
Daniel Caetano
Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 16:54
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

4. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

Henk (26 Sep, 2003 00:29):

Henk,

ist surely *is* something with the profile - I am sure.
As we were told, we must avoid to "share" profiles between VACC-Mozillas (up to 1.3) and gcc-based Mozillas (1.4 and above) as there "might" be a risk of inconsistencies.
Nevertheless I tried to simply "upgrade" from 1.3 and everything worked (astonishingly) well: From 1.3 to 1.4 all was okay. Starting with 1.5 I had those problems. I went back to 1.4 but it didn't change. I then went back to 1.3 (IBM Web Browser, but the same breed as Mozilla 1.3 in fact) and everything's back to normal now.

I am sure that starting without an existing profile would help, but hey - what's going to happen with my existing data? e-mails, bookmarks, cookies and so on...? I didn't find anything about "export/import profiles" - so I'm a little worried about giving it a try.
Yeah, I do have backups, but ...why not simply avoid problems?

But thanks anyway!
Thomas

Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 17:50
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

5. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

Henk,

As we were told, we must avoid to "share" profiles between VACC-Mozillas (up to 1.3) and gcc-based Mozillas (1.4 and above) as there "might" be a risk of inconsistencies.
Nevertheless I tried to simply "upgrade" from 1.3 and everything worked (astonishingly) well: From 1.3 to 1.4 all was okay. Starting with 1.5 I had those problems. I went back to 1.4 but it didn't change. I then went back to 1.3 (IBM Web Browser, but the same breed as Mozilla 1.3 in fact) and everything's back to normal now.

I am sure that starting without an existing profile would help, but hey - what's going to happen with my existing data? e-mails, bookmarks, cookies and so on...? I didn't find anything about "export/import profiles" - so I'm a little worried about giving it a try.

But thanks anyway!
Thomas

Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 17:52
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

6. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

Henk,

But thanks anyway!
Thomas

Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 17:53
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

7. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

Henk,

But thanks anyway!
Thomas

Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 17:54
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

8. Re:Annoying Mozilla bug(?)

Henk,

But thanks anyway!
Thomas

Date: 07 Nov, 2003 on 17:55
Annoying Mozilla bug(?)
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: