Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
kiewitz
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://en.ecomstation.ru/kiewitzsoft/
since: 11 Jan, 2004
1. New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 11 Jan, 2004 20:43 (1 times)
Hi@all!

I'm currently working on a new AiR-BOOT version (actually it's done), that will include LVM support. AiR-BOOT will now take partition names from LVM information. Also AiR-BOOT is able to change the boot volume drive-letter on-the-fly, which means one may simply duplicate his boot volume to another volume and depending on what he is booting both of them will be share the same drive letter.

On the sad side: Linux kernel support was now dumped, because I don't think that anyone is using it. Also I don't need it, so it's gone now (booting via LILO/GRUB is not affected though).

I would really like to have some people trying out that feature before I will release it to the public as v1.02. So please contact me via kiewitz AT klinikum-konstanz.de

Thanx

cu, Kiewitz

P.S.: I just noticed that this post was put into "Mail-News". Could some admin please put it into "Applications"? thanx

Date: 11 Jan, 2004 on 20:40
cytan
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Dec, 2003
2. Re:New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
Hi Martin,
Nice to see that you're back.. I know that you were developing a driver for the OS/2 DOS box that will allow it to talk to the MMPM system. I've upgraded my home thinkpad to a t30 and now I've lost sound in DOS because there are no OS/2 DOS sound drivers for it (although there is sound in PM and WinOS/2). I really miss my dos games .

Are you still developing it for release?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Date: 15 Jan, 2004 on 22:46
kiewitz
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://en.ecomstation.ru/kiewitzsoft/
since: 11 Jan, 2004
3. Re:New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
You mean vSOUND? I'm currently not developing it, because I don't have time. But soon I will be working on it. Anyway, it won't help you, because you will need an OS/2 sounddriver to make it work. vSOUND will "only" emulate a Soundblaster card in VDM.

cu, Kiewitz

P.S.: If some of the testcase-testers are reading this: Please send me some feedback. I have sent out testcase versions to several people, but I didn't get anything back. Somehow this is "good" news, because if I broke someone's computer, I bet he would have replied

Date: 19 Jan, 2004 on 21:02
ChrisR
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://members.home.nl/cwroossien/
since: 04 Feb, 2004
4. Re:New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
This vSound is exactly what I need..
Simulate SB in a VDM ... then I can play my adventures again...
(it sounds more interesting as airboot.... (sory))
Date: 05 Feb, 2005 on 06:21
New AiR-BOOT with LVM support
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: