Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Embellish question
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
arr
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Jan, 2004
1. Embellish question
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Why does embellish everytime I start it check my a drive for a few seconds? It's not all that annoying but I am just curious? Does anyone else have this slight annoyance? If so, did you find a solution? Other then this the program works great!

Regards,
arr

Date: 31 Jan, 2004 on 13:55
Luc
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
since: 21 Feb, 2001
2. Re:Embellish question
I've seen the same behaviour, but I'm sorry I can't help you with your question. I'm replying because I'm hoping you would be able to send me the required parts of the old IBM OS/2 installer so I can get Embellish installed on my new system. Could you?

Thanks,

Luc Van Bogaert
Date: 01 Feb, 2004 on 09:18
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:Embellish question
last updated at 01 Feb, 2004 11:32 (2 times)

Luc, for the full installation of Embellish, download it directly from DadaWare homepage.

Here is the direct url for downloading Embellish for OS2:

http://www.dadaware.com/ftp/embos2.zip

They also mention followiing:

We have recieved reports about problems with a missing file called EPFIPII.DLL needed for installation. We are looking into this, please do not send emails. Several users have reported a workaround though

I have not had this problem with this missing file; but if you have netscape v4.61 installed it can be found there as well I've noticed that both pmView and pgptools has a copy of the mentioned dll.

/Kim

Date: 01 Feb, 2004 on 11:24 Attachment: EPFIPII.DLL
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Embellish question
Well I just noticed that it's no more available for download from Dadaware (or actually the file is missing from their ftp), but the good news is that it is to be found at Hobbes.
Date: 01 Feb, 2004 on 11:35
arr
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Jan, 2004
5. Re:Embellish question
Ok, here is what I did to get it to install - I downloaded netscape but I did not have to install it.(I have opera and mozilla, don't need another browser.) I extracted the netscape files, and ran the netscape installer from an os/2 command prompt with the /c and /p switches. The /c switch tells the installer the path where the program's icp(?) file is and the /p switch is the name of the program in this case - Embellish. It installed without a hitch. I am on my windows drive right now so I can't recollect the syntax exactly but I think it was:

install /c=path to embellish icp file /p=Embellish

I don't recall if the file has a icp or icf extension or something like off the top of my head. If you have anymore trouble let me know. Next time I boot up my os/2 drive I'll double check it for you but I think that should work. You would think they would have fiixed this before they went belly up since it looked like to me all they had to do was just repackage the installer. It's a very nice program, if someone could contact any of the old dadaware people, maybe we could coax them into open sourccing to netlabs or something like that. Still would like to know why it checks my a: drive everytime it starts - it's just a small annoyance but it would shave a second or two off the app's load time. The only thing I haven't tried is checking the registry to see if it depsosited any settings there. I will check into it.

Kind regards,
arr

Date: 01 Feb, 2004 on 14:07
peter
Normal member
in user

since: 18 Mar, 2004
6. Re:Embellish question
As I have uploaded Embellish onto hobbes after it has vanished from dadaware and from internet at all, I'm a bit interested in this program. Anyway I have added a readme.1st into the archive where is very shortly described how to install it. You should have any epfiinsts.exe on your PATH, it may be Netscape or anything else, and proceed as I have written. And next time seeing readme.1st just remember to read it first
Date: 18 Mar, 2004 on 17:14
Embellish question
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: