Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Sam
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Feb, 2004
1. Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I heard there is an OS/2 application (called CT server) used by banks. Could someone please tell me what it does and its full name ? Is it the one installed in the ATM machines ?

Thanks in advance.

Date: 05 Feb, 2004 on 17:15
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Hmm. the closet I know about is CBT, Crypto Based Transaction system that where developed by IBM Netherlands for local bank there and that later on then got productified by IBM (my memory is a bit blur regarding the origin of the product, but's couple of years since I worked with it). But, I don't know if this would be the same. CBT is product that gives you a secure enviroment to execute your transaction; but the really nice feature is that it gives you end to end encryption betwen the different system throught firewalls, etc.
Date: 05 Feb, 2004 on 21:19
Sam
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Feb, 2004
3. Re:Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Thank first for the info. Is it still running in banks ? Is it running on workstation or server platform of OS/2 ? Would appreciate to show me link so that I can find out more information on its function.

Same as you, I am not sure. At present, I found another interpretation of CT (Consumer Transaction). That is an application previously owned by IBM and then transferred to NSS (www.nsscorp.com).

I asked this question because I am curious on whether there is still any critical financial application which can only run on OS/2. If you or anyone else know another meaning of CT, please share with me.

Thanks again

Date: 06 Feb, 2004 on 05:12
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Here is a link that might give you some more info.I also have a whitepaper somewhere that I can post here, just need to dig out from my backups CDs.
Date: 06 Feb, 2004 on 20:17
Nature of an OS/2 application for banks ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: