Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Mozilla forgets
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Dan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.danielfaber.com
since: 07 Aug, 2003
1. Mozilla forgets
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Every few months, Mozilla Mail forgets everything--it can't find my profile information or my saved mail. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to prevent it?
Date: 16 Jun, 2004 on 17:37
TimC
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 21 Feb, 2003
2. Re:Mozilla forgets
This sounds like an INI file type of problem. Not the system or user INI files, but a private INI file (whose exact name I can't recall but may be 'C:\mozilla.org\mozilla\registry.dat') for Mozilla. Could be lots of things from a disk glitch to a very low freespace situation.

After you repair things (or now if Mozilla is working fine) make a copy of that file somewhere else. Then, the next time the problem occurs, take a look at the current 'real' registry.dat and see if it's corrupted. That may provide more insight into how to correct the problem.

Date: 18 Jun, 2004 on 16:09
Dan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.danielfaber.com
since: 07 Aug, 2003
3. Re:Mozilla forgets
Thanks for your help. I've copies registry.dat to a floppy. Next time Mozilla forgets everything, I'll check it out. Is there anything UniMaint can do? I know it does something to repair ini files.

TimC (18 Jun, 2004 16:09):
This sounds like an INI file type of problem. Not the system or user INI files, but a private INI file (whose exact name I can't recall but may be 'C:\mozilla.org\mozilla\registry.dat') for Mozilla. Could be lots of things from a disk glitch to a very low freespace situation.

After you repair things (or now if Mozilla is working fine) make a copy of that file somewhere else. Then, the next time the problem occurs, take a look at the current 'real' registry.dat and see if it's corrupted. That may provide more insight into how to correct the problem.

Date: 18 Jun, 2004 on 23:14
Mozilla forgets
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: