Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Email on MS Exchange Server
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
sduvall
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 24 Jan, 2005
1. Email on MS Exchange Server
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Having got eCS onto my laptop, I need an email app that will work with M$ Exchange server 2003 small business edition. I.e. to replace at least the email part of Outlook within eCS. Can Mozilla do this? Else what can?

Polite suggestions welcome .
Regards
Steve Duvall

Date: 24 Jan, 2005 on 19:57
cyberspittle
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 09 Dec, 2002
2. Re:Email on MS Exchange Server
Hi Steve,

You'll want to make friends with the Exchange Administrator if you want to install the MS-DOS or Windows 3.1 Exchange client, as Microsoft does not make the client software readily available.

Perhaps somewhere is an Exchange Server CD-ROM lying around on the internet (eBay) or available in a time limited demo CD-ROM (check Microsoft.com).

Date: 25 Jan, 2005 on 07:09
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
3. Re:Email on MS Exchange Server
I can think of two alternatives, both may mean you have to make friends with the Exchange Administrator:

• My work allows web access to Exchange mail. I don't know if this is a separate option to be installed, or something that simply needs to be turned on.

• Exchange can have POP and IMAP access turned on. In this case, any OS/2 e-mail client that does these will be OK. IMAP has a big advantage if you will also using Outlook. As far as I know, Thunderbird/Mozilla Mail are the only OS/2 e-mail clients that support IMAP.

---
    David
  • Date: 27 Jan, 2005 on 03:07
    Email on MS Exchange Server
    Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
    All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
    Go to: