Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
"I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. "I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
"
I can no longer use win/os2 with snap.

Installed: SNAP v. 3.0.1, build 460

Monitor: Viewsonic A90+
Graphics board: chip ATI Radeon 7500, memory 64 mb
ECS 1.2, internal revision 14.100c-W4

When I try to load WIN/OS2, the screen turns black and beeps.
"
I have an OS/2-eCS group at Yahoo. I started it so I could post any OS/2 or eCS related items without some one saying that I am spamming. I mentioned it at other groups and others wanted to join. The above was a first post not by me (group has only been around a short time). Any help with the above would be appreciated and posted at my group. Thanks in advance.

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 21 Mar, 2005 on 14:29
Radek
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
2. Re:"I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
First of all, were you able to run w16 programs with SNAP previously?

If you were able to run w16 sessions previously, then it is a problem of SNAP. You'd better contact scitechsoft and ask them what is it all about. In the meantime, you can return to the working version of SNAP.

In the opposite case, you can be another victim of viotbl.dcp problems. Are you able to run vindowed DOS? If you aren't and if you get a page fault (trap 0E) in VVGA instead of a DOS session then you need the viotbl.dcp file from an unpatched W4. Replace the current viotbl.dcp in the \os2\boot with the old W4 file and reboot. For some unknown reason, both DOS and w16 programs will work, both in windowed and in fullscreen modes, and you will lose no functionality of the video system.

Date: 21 Mar, 2005 on 15:23
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
3. Re:"I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
Thanks. I have copied your post to my group.

---
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 21 Mar, 2005 on 16:02
gtdiller
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 23 Mar, 2005
4. WIN/OS2 and SNAP again

Radek (21 Mar, 2005 15:23):
First of all, were you able to run w16 programs with SNAP previously?

If you were able to run w16 sessions previously, then it is a problem of SNAP. You'd better contact scitechsoft and ask them what is it all about. In the meantime, you can return to the working version of SNAP.

In the opposite case, you can be another victim of viotbl.dcp problems. Are you able to run vindowed DOS? If you aren't and if you get a page fault (trap 0E) in VVGA instead of a DOS session then you need the viotbl.dcp file from an unpatched W4. Replace the current viotbl.dcp in the \os2\boot with the old W4 file and reboot. For some unknown reason, both DOS and w16 programs will work, both in windowed and in fullscreen modes, and you will lose no functionality of the video system.

I was able to use SNAP with a SI 3 graphics card. To get higher video resolution I installed the ATI Radeon 7500 card, as suggested by SCI TECH. Now WIN/OS2 will not work.

Could you tell me how to get the old W4 version of viotbl.dcp. I have the original Warp 4 cd, but do not know how to find and extract the file.

---
GTD

Date: 23 Mar, 2005 on 17:20
Radek
Premium member
in user

since: 17 Jul, 2003
5. Re:"I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
YHM

Your new video card seems to belong to the "problematic" video cards. Try the old viotbl.dcp from the mail. I am using it for some time without any problems. My video card is "problematic" as well (nVidia GeForce 4 TI 4200 TD 8x).

Date: 24 Mar, 2005 on 10:25
"I can no longeruse Win/OS2 with SNAP"
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: