Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
sXwamp
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Oct, 2004
1. StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have StarOffice 7 installed and running great on my main machine. Now I tried installing it on a new install of eCom 1.2, but it will not install until I copy system.dat and user.dat files from my old install of eCom 1.2. Does anybody know how StarOffice modifies these filles or how information is stored in these files?
Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 07:58 Attachment: StarOffice7.jpg
user_ecs
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Feb, 2005
2. Re:StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2

sXwamp (25 Mar, 2005 07:5:
I have StarOffice 7 installed and running great on my main machine.

What operating system is on the main machine?

Now I tried installing it on a new install of eCom 1.2, but it will not install until I copy system.dat and user.dat files from my old install of eCom 1.2. Does anybody know how StarOffice modifies these filles or how information is stored in these files?

You should not copy the *.dat files from another machine. I think there may be drive letters and path info embedded in the files.

StarOffice7 will not directly install on OS/2 or eComStation. Also SO7 is at the OpenOffice.org 1.0 or 1.01 level.
Try the OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 modified version from Innotek
http://www.innotek.de/products_e.html
You csan buy from Mensys
http://shop.mensys.nl/uk/openofficeos2/

Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 20:27
sXwamp
Normal member
in user

3. Re:StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2

user_ecs (25 Mar, 2005 20:27):
[quote]sXwamp (25 Mar, 2005 07:5:

eComstation 1.2

Now I tried installing it on a new install of eCom 1.2, but it will not install until I copy system.dat and user.dat files from my old install of eCom 1.2. Does anybody know how StarOffice modifies these filles or how information is stored in these files?

You should not copy the *.dat files from another machine. I think there may be drive letters and path info embedded in the files.

That's what information I am looking for the embedded info that StarOffice puts there. So I don't have to copy the *.dat files. Which still works without problems because the setups are the same. Is there any program that can read the data from the *.dat files?

StarOffice7 will not directly install on OS/2 or eComStation. Also SO7 is at the OpenOffice.org 1.0 or 1.01 level.

StarOffice 7 installs for me and works great. Has not crashed once yet. See attached screenshot.

Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 21:40
sXwamp
Normal member
in user

4. Re:StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2

user_ecs (25 Mar, 2005 20:27):
[quote]sXwamp (25 Mar, 2005 07:5:

eComstation 1.2

That's what information I am looking for the embedded info that StarOffice puts there. So I don't have to copy the *.dat files. Which still works without problems because the setups are the same. Is there any program that can read the data from the *.dat files?

StarOffice 7 installs for me and works great. Has not crashed once yet. See attached screenshot.

Date: 25 Mar, 2005 on 21:45
Ben Dragon
Premium member
in user

since: 15 Apr, 2004
5. Re:StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2

What version of ODIN are you using?

---

Date: 28 Mar, 2005 on 17:42
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

since: 26 Nov, 2002
6. Re:StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2
Hi folks,

user.dat and system.dat are the two (binary) files that the windows registry is made of. If you run regedit in windows, it'll show you nice trees with key/value pairs.
Unfortunately, this information is not accessible from without Windoze except if you run either the windows-version of regedit and choose to export the registry (into a text-mode .reg file) or you have a win9x system which has a DOS-mode regedit with commandline parameters that can be used to export/(re-)create the registry file from/into a text file.

I don't know if there is a tool for dealing with windows binary registry files (the two .dat) under OS/2, but I doubt... anyway: As I said - what needs to be done is
1) rebuild a "windows registry" from the two .dat files
2) export that registry into a plain-text .reg file
I could try that if you send me the .dat files

That's for the .dat stuff. As for the SO7 issues, I can't tell.

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 30 Mar, 2005 on 13:23
StarOffice 7 Running on eCom 1.2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: