Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Need help with Virtual Pc 4.0
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
akolleth
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 27 Sep, 2005
1. Need help with Virtual Pc 4.0
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
HI-- I am new here and it seems that this may be my last hope in restoring my other comp to health. We had a relatively minor flooding disaster of sorts recently and I lost almost all of my documentation for my computer. I am running OS2 and I run Virtual PC 4.0 well To the point, trying to re-install al my applications and I can't install Virtual PC 4.0 anymore because I don't have the serial anymore (part of destroyed goods)

I know normally it is not kosher to ask for serials, but I am at my wits end. The company (Connectix) doesn't even exist anymore, and I searched crazy like on Ebay and the likes, not even one copy for sale. I can't find a legitimate way to get the serial, or even a copy of the program anymore. Am I SOL? Does anyone out there in their grace have a serial they could share to keep my OS2 machine chugging? Otherwise I am afraid its going to be kaput if I can't find one.

Date: 27 Sep, 2005 on 02:36
Pete
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Aug, 2003
2. Re:Need help with Virtual Pc 4.0
Hi

I suggest that you try hunting down a serial crack - or a later version of vpc with serial crack - using p2p file sharing software such as limewire, phex, xnap.

Sure I saw vpc5.1 somewhere on one of the above...

Regards

Pete

Date: 27 Sep, 2005 on 03:17
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
3. Re:Need help with Virtual Pc 4.0
How did you buy this? If you got it direct from Connectix, I suppose you are stuck. But, if you got it from Mensys or some similar company, they may have a record of the serial numbers.

---
David
Date: 27 Sep, 2005 on 04:18
Need help with Virtual Pc 4.0
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: