Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
eCS Demo CD
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
1. eCS Demo CD
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

Will the Demo CD be useful for determining if the hardware supports eCS? In other words, if I take the Demo CD to a PC store, boot a machine from the CD and it works, can I be sure that a proper installation will also work on the same machine?

Stuart

Date: 13 Oct, 2005 on 09:11
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
2. Re:eCS Demo CD

Stuart (13 Oct, 2005 09:11):
Hi,

Will the Demo CD be useful for determining if the hardware supports eCS? In other words, if I take the Demo CD to a PC store, boot a machine from the CD and it works, can I be sure that a proper installation will also work on the same machine?

Stuart

I don't see why if the demo cd loads that the OS itself wouldn't load, however that doesn't mean that the demo will fully support all hardware and also doesn't mean that when you start installing the support for the hardware that it wouldn't cause a problem.

Date: 14 Oct, 2005 on 00:34
melf
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
3. Re:eCS Demo CD
Just another comment about the democd. I downloaded it today and run it. On my sons computer I couldn't use the mouse (USBmouse) and sorry to say Serenity has not made a great work to present an attractive desktop. It looks like after first installation. I doubt it attract people that don't know the system before.
Date: 14 Oct, 2005 on 16:40
melf
Premium member
in staff

4. Re:eCS Demo CD
last updated at 14 Oct, 2005 16:45 (1 times)
Just another comment about the democd. I downloaded it today and run it. On my sons computer I couldn't use the mouse (USBmouse) and sorry to say Serenity has not made a great work to present an attractive desktop. It looks like after first installation. I doubt it attract people that don't know the system before.
Date: 14 Oct, 2005 on 16:41
melf
Premium member
in staff

5. Re:eCS Demo CD
last updated at 14 Oct, 2005 16:47 (1 times)
Sorry, it hanged it some way, thats why three messages instead of one
Date: 14 Oct, 2005 on 16:42
eCS Demo CD
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: