Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Pixel
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
melf
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
1. Pixel
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Is there someoneelse out there who also have bought the pixel photoeditor? This version is a betarelease, beta 6. Well I just have to tell that so far I haven't been able to use it to something at all. It should have many features but is for the moment very very buggy. One can buy it on Mensys for "betaprice" and one is entitled to all versions up to the 2.0. But I'm nearly lose my hope. Is this really going to be something?? Anyone else who have experience and maybee a little hope!?
Date: 25 Nov, 2005 on 13:29
cytan
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Dec, 2003
2. Re:Pixel
I have pixel, but I haven't tested it really thoroughly. What things can I do to trip it up?

cytan

Date: 25 Nov, 2005 on 17:53
rbri
Normal member
in user

since: 19 Nov, 2003
3. Re:Pixel

melf (25 Nov, 2005 13:29):
Anyone else who have experience and maybee a little hope!?

I was able to use it as frontend for my sane scanner. And also it is usefull to remove the red eys from some pictures.
I have reported some bugs and many of them are fixed. The text tool has many bugs until now, but i think pavel is working on that.
Date: 25 Nov, 2005 on 20:10
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Pixel
last updated at 26 Nov, 2005 15:00 (1 times)
Sadly there was no session at Warpstock to promote this new gfx software for OS2 - but it would be a great opportunity to do so and they didn't. Or was it that it actually had to many bugs and not worth to do a demostration of it yet - it sure sounds like that. But, I hope that they will get to a point where it is launched as a stable product since I would get a copy directly.
Date: 26 Nov, 2005 on 14:59
gg
Normal member
in user

since: 08 May, 2002
5. Re:Pixel

Is there someoneelse out there who also have bought the pixel photoeditor?

Yep. I did. I looked like a good way to support a very promising eCS aware PhotoShop "clone" project.

Well I just have to tell that so far I haven't been able to use it to something at all.

It's use should be as straighforward as PhotoShop, I guess ? But I a not really used to both tools, so I can't tell.

Anyone else who have experience and maybee a little hope!?

As a beta product, Pixel sure still has to be polished. Remember it's build against SDL libraries, and these are also regularly updated (latest builds are available on netlabs.org).
But if you could take some time to explain a bit more precisely what annoys you, maybe some people here will be able to help ?

Have a nice end of weekend !

Date: 27 Nov, 2005 on 11:13
melf
Premium member
in staff

6. Re:Pixel
Thanks for responses! It is a bit hard to explain more precisely what is annoying me, because it is very much. I've used photoshop and the layout is very much the same, but even simple things as croping an image is very hard and buggy to do. For my part, as swedish, I can't write å, ä ,ö with the textool. Some preferences are impossible to set and so on. It hangs on several occasions. Well Pixel as it is now is just not useable. I had expected a bit more even if it is a betaprogram. I feel its not just polishing thats needed. I've seen others at the pixelforum expressing such opinions also, so I was keen to here from others who have tried to use the program.
Date: 27 Nov, 2005 on 17:38
RobertM
Normal member
in user

since: 16 Aug, 2004
7. Re:Pixel
I've used it and am so far happy with it (considering it's becoming more usable each beta and that the author is actively working on the OS/2 versions and responding to bug reports). I actually bought a copy at Mensys.

-Rob

Is there someoneelse out there who also have bought the pixel photoeditor? This version is a betarelease, beta 6. Well I just have to tell that so far I haven't been able to use it to something at all. It should have many features but is for the moment very very buggy. One can buy it on Mensys for "betaprice" and one is entitled to all versions up to the 2.0. But I'm nearly lose my hope. Is this really going to be something?? Anyone else who have experience and maybee a little hope!?
Date: 27 Nov, 2005 on 17:57
melf
Premium member
in staff

8. Re:Pixel
That sounds good. It would be really nice to have a wellfunctioning photoshoplike program in a near future.
Date: 27 Nov, 2005 on 19:30
ShyGuy
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.designrender.com/
since: 25 Feb, 2004
9. Re:Pixel
I tried Pixel for OS/2 on the free eCS demo cds, it looks very full featured, and I'm glad to see a new graphics program for OS/2 (whatever happened to the gimp PM project from Netlabs?) but I agree that it is very buggy.

The Windows version had its share of bugs as well though, so it's not like we're getting picked on.

Date: 28 Nov, 2005 on 10:14
fbakan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan
since: 31 Aug, 2004
10. Re:Pixel
last updated at 28 Nov, 2005 10:54 (1 times)
GIMP 2.2.8 (HOBBES) works with HOBX11 also with PM
Date: 28 Nov, 2005 on 10:53
Pixel
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: