Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
eCS Demo CD for application presentations
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Shai
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://qdlos.sourceforge.net/fortrantk/
since: 18 Oct, 2005
1. eCS Demo CD for application presentations
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 26 Nov, 2005 18:10 (1 times)
Hi,
I just had the problem that I wanted to demonstrate an OS/2 program I wrote as part of a report. However I don't have (and can't afford) a Notebook, so I simply used the eCS Demo CD with a Windows-machine and unpacked my program from a floppy to the virtual drive. I found it extremely useful because I could demonstrate my program in a native OS/2 environment and in addition promote eCS and especially the eCS Demo CD (which I hope aroused some interest).
So my question is, am I allowed to modify a Demo CD maybe by adding my program for demonstration purposes? I mean, this would save me from the limited floppy-method and would be in the spirit of the Demo CD.
Together with the Acrobat Reader (or maybe even a StarOffice?), I could give whole presentations/reports with the CD.
Date: 26 Nov, 2005 on 16:35
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
2. Re:eCS Demo CD for application presentations
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
You're probably best to check with Bob St. John and Serenity Systems regarding the licensing on the eCS Demo CD. However reading the License, I would guess that no - you're not allowed to modify the Demo CD as you suggest. To quote directly from the license:

* License *

This Demo version of eComStation is provided for your evaluation and
education only. It is not intended for commercial or personal use
beyond that scope. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble
or otherwise reduce the comtent of the eComStation demo CD to human
readable form.
------------

What I understand from this is 2 things. First, it is for *your* use for evaluation. Not to use for others to evaluate your software.

Second, the "may not reverse engineer" etc... sounds like you might need to do some reverse engineering to create a new Demo CD containing your software.

Of course, I could be incorrect here. Best to check directly with Serenity.

For the full license, check:

http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/license.txt

There is an email in the license document that you can ask questions. licensedesk@ecomstation.com

Date: 27 Nov, 2005 on 20:48
eCS Demo CD for application presentations
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: