Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Papyrus OS/2 English
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Isaac
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.novus-tele.net/~isaacl
since: 23 Jan, 2004
1. Papyrus OS/2 English
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
There was a recent news post here
http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=32&id=1138575605
regarding Papyrus for OS/2, in English even.

What? Is Ulli having fun dragging us OS/2 users along? We haven't been able to purchase OS/2 Papyrus English for a long, long, long time. There doesn't even seem to be Papyrus X available in German, let alone XI or XII...
anyone think this is real? Or should these guys win the biggest vapourware award?

Date: 31 Jan, 2006 on 08:24
Sander
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 20 Feb, 2003
2. Re:Papyrus OS/2 English

Isaac (31 Jan, 2006 08:24):
There was a recent news post here
http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=32&id=1138575605
regarding Papyrus for OS/2, in English even.

What? Is Ulli having fun dragging us OS/2 users along? We haven't been able to purchase OS/2 Papyrus English for a long, long, long time. There doesn't even seem to be Papyrus X available in German, let alone XI or XII...
anyone think this is real? Or should these guys win the biggest vapourware award?

How/why that announcement got posted on Voice News & OS/2 World (or anywhere for that matter) is beyond me. It's laughable. These people have ZERO CREDIBILITY.

Date: 31 Jan, 2006 on 08:48
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
3. Re:Papyrus OS/2 English
I agree, I am not expecting to see Papyrus for OS/2 any time soon. On the other hand, it would not surprise me if they decided to do a quick Odin-based port (has anyone even tried to see if the current Win version of Papyrus will run under Odin?), but this is the most I'd expect to see.

Of course, if they did a full native port of XI, I'm sure that it would be welcome. However admittedly I'm not sure how big the market for it would be. With OpenOffice and Smartsuite, we're doing not too badly for office suites. I know with my need to be able to interact with people running MS Office, I have found that right now OpenOffice and dual-booting to Windows are really the 2 main options for me.

Date: 31 Jan, 2006 on 17:51
Christian Hennecke
Premium member
in spoc

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/os2files/
since: 27 Jan, 2001
4. Re:Papyrus OS/2 English
Well, there has been quite some discussion about an up-to-date Papyrus during the last months. It seems like ROM Logicware is indeed working on an OS2 version of the upcoming Papyrus XII. They said that they were going to do it unless difficulties arise that make the effort too expensive for them. Mr. Ramps said that the probability for a new OS2 version was 90%. And that it would include a multiple undo feature.

Personally, I am not sure what to think of it.

Date: 06 Feb, 2006 on 14:44
Sander
Normal member
in user

since: 20 Feb, 2003
5. Re:Papyrus OS/2 English

Christian Hennecke (06 Feb, 2006 14:44):
Well, there has been quite some discussion about an up-to-date Papyrus during the last months. It seems like ROM Logicware is indeed working on an OS2 version of the upcoming Papyrus XII. They said that they were going to do it unless difficulties arise that make the effort too expensive for them. Mr. Ramps said that the probability for a new OS2 version was 90%. And that it would include a multiple undo feature.

Personally, I am not sure what to think of it.

Christian, go back through old Usenet posts from Mr. Ramps, and you will see what we are talking about. There is NOTHING new here. Just the latest round of someone from the OS/2 community contacting them, and more talk of Vaporware being available RSN. It's gone on for YEARS, with zero credibility.

Date: 06 Feb, 2006 on 19:46
Papyrus OS/2 English
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: