Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Applications
Galleon Server for Stand-Alone TiVo Devices
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
ghelfrich
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Feb, 2003
1. Galleon Server for Stand-Alone TiVo Devices
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have recently bought a stand-alone TiVo device and I have been working on integrating it with my PC. TiVo goes have a pc component you can install onto a pc called TiVoToGo (TTG), which is a windows program, where you can transfer files and such to your pc. Since I am running eCS as my primary server operating system, I really wanted to possibly find a solution that would run on eCS, rather than install in onto my lone winXP box.

In my further research, I came across another application called Galleon, which was originally conceived as an open source replacement to TTG which was written in Java. See links below:

http://galleon.tv
http://sourceforge.net/projects/galleon

Once I realized it was written in java, I thought my problems may be solved. However, the application has been packaged for Linux, OS X, and winXP. Not being discouraged by this, I gave it a whirl to try to implement on my eCS box. However, I have not been successful. So here are my questions at this point.

Has anyone else heard of this application?
Does anyone think it might be possible to get to run on eCS?
Does anyone have any ideas or know of where I might get some help with this?

Regards,
Gerry Helfrich

Date: 22 Mar, 2006 on 18:10
Pete
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Aug, 2003
2. Re:Galleon Server for Stand-Alone TiVo Devices
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message

ghelfrich (22 Mar, 2006 18:10):
I have recently bought a stand-alone TiVo device and I have been working on integrating it with my PC. TiVo goes have a pc component you can install onto a pc called TiVoToGo (TTG), which is a windows program, where you can transfer files and such to your pc. Since I am running eCS as my primary server operating system, I really wanted to possibly find a solution that would run on eCS, rather than install in onto my lone winXP box.

In my further research, I came across another application called Galleon, which was originally conceived as an open source replacement to TTG which was written in Java. See links below:

http://galleon.tv
http://sourceforge.net/projects/galleon

Once I realized it was written in java, I thought my problems may be solved. However, the application has been packaged for Linux, OS X, and winXP. Not being discouraged by this, I gave it a whirl to try to implement on my eCS box. However, I have not been successful. So here are my questions at this point.

Has anyone else heard of this application?
Does anyone think it might be possible to get to run on eCS?
Does anyone have any ideas or know of where I might get some help with this?

Regards,
Gerry Helfrich

Hi Gerry

Answers in the same order as questions:-

Yes - Now.

No - unless you are successful with the below idea

Idea: Persuade someone (try Sun for a nonsensical response to make you laugh) to produce a java1.5 for OS/2 and eCS - especially as there now seems to be a few apps (and updates to existing apps) that need java1.5

Regards

Pete

Date: 23 Mar, 2006 on 02:21
Galleon Server for Stand-Alone TiVo Devices
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: