Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Multimedia
Intel AC '97 & eCS
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Jos
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 06 Apr, 2003
1. Intel AC '97 & eCS
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi

I would imagine that this has already been asked, but I can find no reference to any discussion on the matter. So I will ask here.

Is there any working solution to enable eCS(or OS/2) support for the the "on-board" Intel AC '97??

If not

Are there any plans to provide a working solution??

It would be nice if I could use the "on-board" audio in my system rather than have to purchase additional H/W

Jos

We are what we consistently do, excellence therefore is a habit, not an accident.
Date: 06 Apr, 2003 on 15:50
JonOS/2
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.jonasbuys.easynet.be
since: 10 Jan, 2003
2. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
It is supported. You need the IBM Universal Audio Driver for it.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=universal+audio&pushbutton=Search
if you want them for free.
Personally, I prefer the IBM ones (need software choice, and perhaps they are available on eCS website too):
http://www7.software.ibm.com/2bcprod.nsf/186d96ebef23e6438625689c007ac1ef/d3234193f73bccd986256c4100584eaf?OpenDocument

Should you need more hardware info in the future, go to www.os2warp.be.

Kind regards, good luck, and remember: "OS/2 is the best!"
Jonas Buys

<< www.os2warp.be >>

Date: 06 Apr, 2003 on 19:49
melf
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 11 Apr, 2003
3. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
I have a fujitsu-siemens computer with celeron 1.7Mhz an an onboard AC'97
soundunit. On the Fujitsu-siemens homepage, www.fujitsu-siemens.com, you can download a driver for this, which is called os2warp4.exe. It works fine for me. I though do not have enough knowlege to know if it suites other motherboards than my own.

melf

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 00:07
JonOS/2
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.jonasbuys.easynet.be
4. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
Melf, could you please give me the EXACT url of these drivers so I can study wheather it will support other computers?

jonas.buys@easynet.be or reply to this message. This would be much appreaciated.

Kind regards,
Jonas Buys.

<< www.os2warp.be >>

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 02:53
melf
Premium member
in staff

5. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
Seems like it's disappeared from this homepage. I send you the file!

/melf

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 11:36
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
6. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
Melf, I would be interested of the file as well. But if you want you can also make attachement of files together with your post within the forum. I think the limit is currently 1mb.

/Kim

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 12:56
Jos
Normal member
in user

since: 06 Apr, 2003
7. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
Brilliant!!
I have to admit I was feeling a little apprehensive about posting queries on the Bulletin Board. But as it has turned out I need not have worried at all, all of you guys (and I mean that in a "non-gender" way) have been great.
I have been an OS/2 user since 1991 - initially as part of my job - but more recently as the company I work for shamefully has moved most of its ops to some other OS.

**Question - "Why do businesses decide to run business applications on a Gaming Platform??"

Anyway, as I was saying ........ Here in th UK I am pretty isolated - now I shall be saying was - so to find a community that is ready to help each other in the way you guys are, is very satisfying.

Thanks for all of your assistance, this encourages me to see where I might be able to help others in the quest to maintain an OS/2 & eCS presence.

Jos

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 13:40
melf
Premium member
in staff

8. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
To Kim and others! Here is the file I have found earlier. I'll try to attach to this reply.

/melf

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 13:59 Attachment: os2warp4.exe
JonOS/2
Normal member
in user

9. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
It's just the regular OS/2 driver for Realtek's ACL. It will work with non-FijSiemens devices too.

Regards,
Jonas Buys.

Date: 12 Apr, 2003 on 14:14
BrainS
Normal member
in user

since: 24 Apr, 2003
10. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
So it should (might) work wuth my new ASUS A7N8X. But what do I do with it? My system doesn't think os2warp4.exe is an executable.
Brian Stanier
Date: 24 Apr, 2003 on 22:26
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

since: 26 Nov, 2002
11. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS

BrainS (Apr 24, 2003 23:26):
So it should (might) work wuth my new ASUS A7N8X. But what do I do with it? My system doesn't think os2warp4.exe is an executable.

Hi,

I just downloaded the file and it seems to be a Win executable - a self extracting archive to be correct. If you have no Windoze around, there's a stupid old trick that seems to work on that file: Rename it to .ZIP and simply unzip the contents!

At least that did work with FC/2... YMMV as always...

Greetings
Thomas

Date: 24 Apr, 2003 on 23:25
BrainS
Normal member
in user

since: 24 Apr, 2003
12. Re:Intel AC '97 & eCS
Hi.

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is a Windows executable. I had tried the renaming trick, but no luck.

However, in the absence of a working Windows at the moment, ODIN's PE.EXE does work under OS/2 and I have installed the package.

Unfortunately the driver(s) don't install at boot-up - possibly a problem with the new ASUS chipset on the A7N8X, and I'm contacting Realtek to see whether they know why.

Brian Stanier
Date: 25 Apr, 2003 on 16:43
Intel AC '97 & eCS
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: