Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Multimedia
DVB-Boards and OS/2 (or eCS)
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
1. DVB-Boards and OS/2 (or eCS)
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 23 Apr, 2003 08:09 (1 times)
Hi all,

does anyone use a DVB-Board under OS/2 or eCS and can confirm that it works?
I'm having a digital satellite dish system here with DiSeq multiswitches. According to Hauppauges specs, a board like WinTV Nova (or WinTV Nexus) would work, but I was unable to find any technical specs that mentioned the CHIPS on it ( BT8x8 ).
Anyone can tell me what chips are on them? It would be great to know if the standard software packages for OS/2 and eCS are capable of handling the tuner chips of such boards as well (DVB satellite TV is doing a different tuning than terrestrial TV I'm afraid...).

Thanks for any suggestion!
Thomas

Date: 23 Apr, 2003 on 08:08
stefanj
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home1.gte.net/vzn05zki/
since: 25 Apr, 2003
2. Re:DVB-Boards and OS/2 (or eCS)
It's in french...but easy enough to understand

Hauppauge! WinTV Nova (modèle 543)

Chipset DVB Philips SAA7146
Chiset Vidéo sans
Chipset Audio sans
Sorties LNB (Certaines séries uniquement)
Entrées LNB
Configuration Minimale Pentium II 233MHz (mode données),
Pentium II 400MHz (mode vidéo), Carte vidéo compatible DirectDraw
Version de la carte 1.00

Long link with all the specs:
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:RA8NdteOB5EC:www.prixmateriel.com/showtest.php3?testid=hauppauge_dvbs&selected=all+WinTV+Nexus+chipset&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Date: 25 Apr, 2003 on 05:14
warpcafe
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Nov, 2002
3. Re:DVB-Boards and OS/2 (or eCS)

stefanj (Apr 25, 2003 06:14):
It's in french...but easy enough to understand

Thanks for that information. Fortunately, French is no problem for me and I was kind of surprised to read that Hauppauge was said to be a german company. <g> but on the other hand the spec data leaves me as puzzled as before.
Apparently these cards do not have a sound chipset and no video chipset. That's okay with me from a technical viewpoint as this implies that all the work has to be done by the driver or software. I don't know nothing about that Philips chipset. I still hope someone is actually using such card (or a comparable one) in OS/2. I might forward my question to the os2hardware group at Yahoo! - might be that someone can give me further information there.
Anway, thanks for the reply! At least I can take a look for infos by specifying the chipsets name now!

Thomas

Date: 25 Apr, 2003 on 08:39
DVB-Boards and OS/2 (or eCS)
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: