Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
Peter Can't get his facts straight...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
MrJinx
Send an email to this member
1. Peter Can't get his facts straight...
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
In the Ecomstation review, "Buy it skip it" Peter Skye refers to ECS as not supporting SCSI Devices, This is completely untrue. In fact ECS supports more boot from SCSI CD options than MCP. Second Fact: One user searched for the special errors doc on the CD. Preview 1 didn't have this doc or the new installer either. Third item: ECS is a good fit for those planning to migrate to Windows. I sat though the meeting and never heard that statement or got that impression from Kim. The ability to remote boot Multiple OS's via Wise Server on
diskless workstations was mentioned. There are many other "Less that factual" statements made in this article and I believe the source
should not be trusted.
Date: 10 Jun, 2001 on 08:19
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Peter Can't get his facts straight...
Hmm.. I'm not taking any side here but it really sounds stupid if the eCS demo CD wouldn't support SCSI, but in the article it says following:

"eCS boots from CD and can be run from the CD without installing to a hard drive, although only some hardware is supported (no SCSI, for example) and no networking is included in this mode"

I read this as limited only in the demo cd. But in the other hand I hope that You are correct about supporting SCSI on the Demo CD.

But regarding eCS to be a success or not I would still like to see some more press activities about eCS. So far I have not, at least here in Sweden, seen any magazines at all mentioning eCS with a single line!

//Kim

Date: 10 Jun, 2001 on 12:43
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
3. Re:Peter Can't get his facts straight...
I have sent an e-mail to PCWorld, PCMagazine and Computer Shopper asking if they did or will they do an open minded review (one that does not have a 'I hate anything but Windows' mind set). I have only heard from PCWorld but they said they will forward the suggestion.
pcmag@ziffdavis.com PCMagazine
letters@pcworld.com PCWorld
cs_feedback@zdnet.com Computer Shopper.
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 18 Jun, 2001 on 20:14
Peter Can't get his facts straight...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: