Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
Troubles accessing topics!
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Shadallark
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://homepage.usask.ca/tjl128/
since: 13 Nov, 2002
1. Troubles accessing topics!
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hello all;

For the last little while I have been having troubles accessing some of the topics, even ones that I created. For example I cannot access either of the threads about the 4x game that I am developing, nor the thread about MOTE, although previously I was able to access all of these.

I have tried using Mozilla Firebird under eCS and Windoze and I run into the same problem each time.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Shadallark

Shadallark
running eCS v1.03 on an IBM Aptiva
learning to program for OS/2 and eCS!
Date: 28 Nov, 2003 on 16:06
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Troubles accessing topics!
Well, there is currently some wierd with stuff going of with some of the threads within the online forum. At first we thought it due bad data within the database, but it's not. Then we was rather sure that it only affected old posting and now I've found also new postings that won't show up as they should. So I'm currently trying to figure out why with some help from some external sources; but no luck yet.

I really hope to find the problem otherwise I would think about moving to a new board system since the Ultrabaord 2000 has after two years with lots of struggle now finally been declared dead. There was some groups within Russia that started up a new company to take care of the UB2K core code to continue develop add-ons and migrations tools to a new similar board, but it currently now looks like they have lost their ideas about this project.

I'll keep you all posted. If you have any ideas on boards that we should look at, please let us know. So far I have either used UltraBoard 2000 or phpBB. As well I've been looking at Invision Power Board by IPS, Inc Mature and well supported product.

Regards,
KIm Haverblad

Date: 29 Nov, 2003 on 12:42
Dan
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.danielfaber.com
since: 07 Aug, 2003
3. Re:Troubles accessing topics!
Yeah, there are three threads I've been participating in, and now I'm locked out!
Date: 13 Dec, 2003 on 02:40
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
4. Re:Troubles accessing topics!
Well, the most odd thing is that it tend to be threads with either 3 or 4 replies or more that locks up. So I would be happy if you guys out there could help me to verify this. Either by making a proper reply within the this board section, since it's easier for me to find it

I will try to get hold of a coder that have helped us out here before with customized hacks for the forum. I hope that he have some good clues on what going on and how to solve this issue. Since I would really hate to have to switch to another board system. Even if there are currently many reason for I can count up more reason why I would like to keep it.

/Kim

Date: 13 Dec, 2003 on 19:23
the Eych
Administrator
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Dec, 2002
5. Re:Troubles accessing topics!
last updated at 14 Dec, 2003 16:46 (1 times)
The problem should be fixed now.
Date: 14 Dec, 2003 on 13:28
Kim
Team member
in staff

6. Re:Troubles accessing topics!
Big thanks for the help Eych!

/Kim

Date: 14 Dec, 2003 on 20:13
Troubles accessing topics!
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: