Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
Mass-mailing Windows worm spreading rapidly
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. Mass-mailing Windows worm spreading rapidly
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Post your comments about this article !!!

Check the article here.

Date: 27 Jan, 2004 on 12:24
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Mass-mailing Windows worm spreading rapidly
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 28 Jan, 2004 09:51 (1 times)
Ok, somwone has to start But just wondering, do corporates around the world still accept all kind of file attachements - no wonder that this kind of crap is spread around without any problem.

At my own system I usually have some kind of filter that I filter out file endings that I don't want to receive, such as:

a.name=".bat" |
a.name=".com" |
a.name=".dbx" |
a.name=".eml" |
a.name=".exe" |
a.name=".inf" |
a.name=".hlp" |
a.name=".htm" |
a.name=".html" |
a.name=".mht" |
a.name=".pif" |
a.name=".scr" |
a.name=".txt" |
a.name=".wab" |
a.name=".vbs"

Above filter is what I use in pmMail2000 to filter to avoid e-mails that sends out crap. Together with this one can set up action to bounce message or send a reply telling that you didn't really like what they sent

Date: 27 Jan, 2004 on 21:29
Mass-mailing Windows worm spreading rapidly
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: