Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
OS2 World.com performance issues ...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
skidmarx
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 07 Mar, 2001
1. OS2 World.com performance issues ...
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
FYI ...

I'm using a DSL hookup from the states and the site is STILL pretty slow ... I don't know why but it certainly doesn't make for an enjoyable visit ...

But I'll keep coming back as support for an OS2 only site is more important than anything else ...

Other than the performance issues I very much like the site ... even the color scheme doesn't bother me ...

Thanks for what you're doing for the OS2 Community !!!

Greg

Date: 07 Mar, 2001 on 03:47
haverblad
Send an email to this member
2. Re:OS2 World.com performance issues ...
Question, is there any different when using Internet Explorer instead of Netscape? I've noticed a huge speed different when using Explorer instead of Netscape! So if You have a Windows installation, give it a try to see if there is a big different.

But, there will soon be a new layout that will use less tables inside tables. This will speed up the rendering of the page.

Date: 07 Mar, 2001 on 18:59
skidmarx
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 07 Mar, 2001
3. Re:OS2 World.com performance issues ...

haverblad (07 Mar, 2001 18:59):
Question, is there any different when using Internet Explorer instead of Netscape? I've noticed a huge speed different when using Explorer instead of Netscape! So if You have a Windows installation, give it a try to see if there is a big different.

But, there will soon be a new layout that will use less tables inside tables. This will speed up the rendering of the page.

Use Windows to check for a speed difference?

I think I'll pass on that ...

Greg

Date: 07 Mar, 2001 on 20:20
kimh
Send an email to this member
4. Re:OS2 World.com performance issues ...
Hmm. okey, but it would help me out if you could verify that the page loads faster or not.

//Kim

Date: 08 Mar, 2001 on 10:14
OS2 World.com performance issues ...
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: