Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
Web Mail
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Bob
Send an email to this member
1. Web Mail
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
What is Web Mail? Why would I want it? How would it be used? How much would it cost?

And BTW, what are those Symbols and what do they signify? Where do I find explanations of these things?

Date: 31 Mar, 2001 on 03:35
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Web Mail

Bob (31 Mar, 2001 03:35):
What is Web Mail? Why would I want it? How would it be used? How much would it cost?

And BTW, what are those Symbols and what do they signify? Where do I find explanations of these things?

Q: What is Web Mail?
A: Same service as Hotmail.com - online access to e-mail.

Q: Why would I want it?
A: If you travel a lot it's nice service to have or just being able to access e-mail where ever you are is always nice.

Q: How would it be used?
A: You use a web browser to access your pop account here at OS2 World.Com. So you have to get an Pop accounts first.

Q: How much would it cost?
A: As all other services provided by OS2 World - it is of course free. This is a project to help OS/2 users to meet and share ideas, this also include to provide services that You might need.

I hope that I've answered your questions, if not I'm always available for questions via this online forum.

//Kim

Date: 31 Mar, 2001 on 18:28
Bob
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.redshift.com/~bstephan
since: 31 Mar, 2001
3. Re:Web Mail
Thank you for the information. One more question: I clicked on the option to be notified by email when there is a reply to my posts. Now I don't know where to find that option again. I want to specify that these notices be in plain text and NOT HTML.
Best regards,
Bob
Date: 31 Mar, 2001 on 18:59
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Web Mail

Bob (31 Mar, 2001 18:59):
Thank you for the information. One more question: I clicked on the option to be notified by email when there is a reply to my posts. Now I don't know where to find that option again. I want to specify that these notices be in plain text and NOT HTML.

When You post a new message you have then the possibility of enable to be notified when someone replies on your message. This usually also goes for all the other replies and follow ups you make yourself.

About the html and plain ascii, well I hate it my self. Current there isn't any feature to disable the html or to switch to plain text. What can be done is to rewrite the text that notifies users when reply has been made into plain text. This can be done I might look into it. But, request to enable or disable html based messages has been made to the UB2K developers.

Lets hope for the best!

//Kim

Date: 31 Mar, 2001 on 19:12
Web Mail
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: