Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / WebSite Information / Comments, Suggestions & Questions
QU/2 being dead
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
1. QU/2 being dead
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Especially considering the authors attitude regarding the software he wrote and the freeware community on a whole why would anyone even care if he no longer supports his product. I have used it once and found it to be annoying and slow. In response to the authors implication that free software is not the way to go i only can say there is only one really good MP3 player for OS/2, and that is z! availavle for free (and supported) at http://dink.org/z
Date: 10 Apr, 2001 on 19:57
Flywheel
Send an email to this member
2. Re:QU/2 being dead
Well, the GUI of the PM player is not much to brag about (in fact it is quite ugly)...but the VIO player is wonderfull (how many VIO players allow you to put together a playlist while playing).
Another thing is the 3DNow! aware decoder that is bundled with the package...though the result not differ much from when using the default encoder it is still a nice feature.
Anton Malykh has aways been quick to respond and friendly, the few times I've had to contact him.

I can only say, I'm sad that the development has been abrupted. But I'm looking forward to see a PM123 plug-in...hopefully featuring some 3DNow! enhancements...

Well....IMO

Live long and prosper...

Date: 12 Apr, 2001 on 11:03
Kim
Send an email to this member
3. Re:QU/2 being dead
Can only agree about that z! is really great! I usually uses pm123, but it has too often problem with some mp3 files and usually crashes after a while of use... I really also liked the possibility to use streaming audio with z! and netscape.

Great work!

//Kim

Date: 27 Apr, 2001 on 21:27
QU/2 being dead
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: