Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Warp ver 3 and Networks?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. Warp ver 3 and Networks?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have an IBM Thinkpad 755c with an IBM network card/ethernet card. Can I use Warp ver to be part of a network? Are there any programs for use with Warp ver 3 on a network?
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 08 Aug, 2002 on 14:36
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Warp ver 3 and Networks?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Oh yes, Warp 3 can very well co-op within in a network, either using TCPIP or against a LAN server such as OS2 or even a NT-domain. Sharing resources betwen system works also without any problem as well. Good news also is that most of the applications that have been writen for Warp 4.x works out. Only now recently there has been applications (such as latest version of MySql 3.32.50) that needs the 32-bit TCP/IP that came along with latest CP (version 2).

So there shouldn't be any problem as I see it.

/Kim

Date: 08 Aug, 2002 on 15:09
Warp ver 3 and Networks?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: