Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Lee
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 22 Oct, 2002
1. OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have a windows 2000 print server and I would like my OS/2 client machines to print to the different printers that I share on the 2000 server.
Does point and print work, when the printer is connecting to an OS/2 machine.
Can a user connect to an windows 2000 based printer at any time or I have to programmatic do it?

I have been reading Kim's responses which I will try. I would like to know if there is an easier way, that I can use.

Thank you for all your assistances. Currently we print using novell, but there is pressure for us to move from that platform.

Date: 22 Oct, 2002 on 07:52
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
If you're conntected to the LAN and are able to connect to other resources within the network there shouldn't be any problem with this. You might see to that you have the proper printer drivers of course and then set up network printers within OS2.
Date: 09 Jan, 2003 on 00:56
mbszkolnicki
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Jan, 2003
3. Re:OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
You can connect eCS to a print server on a network through TCPIP using the LPDPORTD service.

Stanley Sidlov wrote an excellent article on setting up network printing using a print server in the September 2002 edition of the OS2 VOICE newsletter (www.voice.org/newsletters.html). You may wish to check it out.

The article helped me to set up a Linksys 3 port print server on my home business network

Mark B. Szkolnicki
Sherwood Park, Alberta, CANADA
Date: 10 Jan, 2003 on 17:05
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
Lee is ref to following thread how to set up IP printing within OS2.

/Kim

Date: 13 Jan, 2003 on 14:08
pipes
Normal member
in user

since: 17 Aug, 2001
5. Re:OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
last updated at 28 Jan, 2003 23:16 (1 times)
A good thing to look out for is OS/2 print drivers... some printers are Windows only...

That is what I am dealing with now

[Edit] VNC is what I do for now...

Date: 28 Jan, 2003 on 23:15
OS/2 client printing to Win2k print server
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: