Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
VPC 5.1 internet access
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
jep
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://w1.601.telia.com/~u60198494
since: 14 Jan, 2003
1. VPC 5.1 internet access
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I'd like to connect to the net with the OS inside VPC from machine X with VPC guest Y through another machine Z that acts as dialer to the internet through a modem. I use SFPPP and it works great for Surfing, mailing etc. from host (machine X).

The problem is that:

a) The guest OS Y can see the dialup machine Z but not access it, the host can both see and access Z.
b) I can access host X from guest OS Y through "network".
c) I can see the VPC guest Y on machine X but not on Z.
d) I've configured all three with different ip-adresses, ip-forwarding etc.
e) I've got no internet access from within VPC guest Y.

I'd appreciate if I could get a "how-to-do-it" sample to solve the problem.

Med vänlig hälsning / Mit freundliche Grüße / Best Regards
//Jan-Erik
Date: 14 Jan, 2003 on 21:19
Klaus
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 15 Jan, 2003
2. Re:VPC 5.1 internet access
Hello,
I've had the same problem with with virtual switch. Could not connect to the inet.In my case it was the nic-driver RLT8319. After updating the driver to the latest one from www.ecomstation.com all my problems (with VPC) where gone and I can use the inet with VPC's NAT or with virtual switch. Maybe in your case it's also only nic problem.

Greetings Klaus.

Date: 15 Jan, 2003 on 20:32
jep
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://w1.601.telia.com/~u60198494
since: 14 Jan, 2003
3. Re:VPC 5.1 internet access
last updated at 20 Jan, 2003 12:55 (2 times)
Thank you.

I've checked the driver for my D-Link DFE 530TX Rev. A1 and there are no newer drivers for it than 2.61.

Anything else I can do to get it up and running?

Med vänlig hälsning / Mit freundliche Grüße / Best Regards
//Jan-Erik
Date: 15 Jan, 2003 on 21:01
VPC 5.1 internet access
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: