Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Networking ECS and Linux
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
db
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 13 Oct, 2003
1. Networking ECS and Linux
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I had no problem setting up my ECS 1.1 network to work eith Win2000 or my Linux sytem to work with Win2000. I can't seem to figure out how to get ECS and Linux setup to do file sharing or FTP. I can ping the Linux system and the Linux system can ping ECS.
Anyone have any luck with ECS and Linux on a network?

Thanks

Date: 13 Oct, 2003 on 03:13
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 29 Jan, 2001
2. Re:Networking ECS and Linux
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 14 Oct, 2003 19:03 (1 times)
If you have netbios over tcpip installed on ECS 1.1 (default) and have the same workgroup as the other boxes you should have no problems. I have RH9, ECS and XP sharing drives. Ftp ought to work if you can ping the linux box from the ecs box as long as you have the ftp server started on the linux box.
Date: 14 Oct, 2003 on 19:02
Networking ECS and Linux
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: