Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
TCP\IP question
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
arr
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Jan, 2004
1. TCP\IP question
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have never updated the old v 4.0 tcp\ip stack - multiple choice question - based on y'alls opinion and experience should I:

a) update with the WR_8421 release
b) update with the WR_8610\8620\8621 release
c) just leave it be

Kind regards,
arr

Date: 31 Jan, 2004 on 14:42
WhiteShepherd
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.furtopia.org
since: 04 Feb, 2004
2. Re:TCP\IP question
I don't know to much of the diffrent versions. Though the firewall is quite nice. The 32bit TCPIP has a routing bug and you need to put a netmask in your IFCONFIG to keep your routing table from flooding.

As far as stability I've used both 16bit and 32bit TCPIP and both seem good and stable.

Date: 04 Feb, 2004 on 17:16
arr
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 26 Jan, 2004
3. Re:TCP\IP question
From what I understand the built-in firewall only comes with 4.3 which I would have to shell a bunch of money to get. I do understand from reading though that you can upgrade the 16-bit 4.0 stack to 32-bit by applying the 8610\8620\8621 update but it does not update the apps. That can only be done by purchasing 4.3 from what I have been reading on the net. So I am not sure how well it would work with a 32-bit stack and 16-bit tcp\ip apps. Although the info I have gotten could very well be faulty but I have read this from several different sites on the net. Maybe I should just leave it alone. I appreciate your opinion sir, thanks

kind regards,
arr

Date: 04 Feb, 2004 on 21:56
os2power
Premium member
in user

since: 08 Mar, 2003
4. Re:TCP\IP question
check this site to give many answers to your question:

http://www.ecomstation.it/pido2/ecsoft2.php?idcat=System:+TCPIP+Fixes

cheers, os2power

Warp4 MCP2
FP4

Date: 05 Feb, 2004 on 00:46
TCP\IP question
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: