Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
azureus bit torrent java client
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
bobvirago
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Feb, 2004
1. azureus bit torrent java client
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
i download azureus a java client of bittorent p2p client
from sourrceforge.net
it not working for me !!!
Date: 14 Feb, 2004 on 01:16
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
2. Re:azureus bit torrent java client
More information would be helpful

I assume you have java 1.4.2 installed and working?

Have you tried the irc link on the azureus site?

Date: 14 Feb, 2004 on 19:55
bobvirago
Normal member
in user

since: 14 Feb, 2004
3. Re:azureus bit torrent java client
yes the java 142 is installing and working , jsuperchat work

it just dont't start
no i dont check on irc of azureus
robert

Date: 14 Feb, 2004 on 23:44
RolandR
Normal member
in user

since: 27 Nov, 2002
4. Re:azureus bit torrent java client

bobvirago (14 Feb, 2004 02:16):
i download azureus a java client of bittorent p2p client
from sourrceforge.net
it not working for me !!!

You need Java 1.4.2_06 which is presently not available for eCS. Adress a complaint to the developers of Azureus who used features of the most recent Java edition with the result that it works only in Windows, i.e. all operating systems with lower Java versions are excluded.

Date: 15 Feb, 2004 on 00:17
PsiFire
Normal member
in user

since: 05 Nov, 2004
5. Re:azureus bit torrent java client
It's not just Java. Azureus uses SWT which is being ported to os/2 by netlabs as part of the Eclipse project. Without the widgets, the .JAR just won't run without a LOT of modification. Don't blame the developers. Why shouldn't they use parts of java available to 95% of the desktop world? We just have to be patient and try to catch up.
Date: 03 Dec, 2004 on 03:19
Sebadoh
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.newterrasoftware.com
since: 10 Apr, 2001
6. Re:azureus bit torrent java client

PsiFire (03 Dec, 2004 03:19):
It's not just Java. Azureus uses SWT which is being ported to os/2 by netlabs as part of the Eclipse project. Without the widgets, the .JAR just won't run without a LOT of modification. Don't blame the developers. Why shouldn't they use parts of java available to 95% of the desktop world? We just have to be patient and try to catch up.

Going on that point of view why would they program it in Java at all? The whole point of Java is to be portable, you should not use any propietary libraries. On the other hand, all OS will eventually get new Java version (except maybe OS/2) and verision specific issues shouldn't be complained about.

Date: 04 Dec, 2004 on 04:02
azureus bit torrent java client
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: