Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
"invalid fcs" - can anbody help me?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Batchheizer
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 15 Feb, 2004
1. "invalid fcs" - can anbody help me?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
System: P233, 98 MB, Warp4, FP15, seriall modem (the modem is not the probelm - it runs under my PC very well)
Problem: Internet is much slower than under Win98. SLIPPM has lot of this errors: "error [NETW] invalid fcs", Safefire "hdlc: invalid fcs". I thought, it may be a problem with the COM-Port and tried SIO (S2K v203) but nothing changed.
Can anybody help me?
Date: 23 Feb, 2004 on 12:20
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
2. Re:"invalid fcs" - can anbody help me?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I think fcs stands for Frame Control Sequence, this is just a check that the ppp packet is received correctly.

fcs problems are normally caused by a faulty connection.

Although I have heard about problems with some later versions of com.sys.

Are you using the same modem commands in windows and os/2?

You could try the injoy dialer www.fx.dk/dialer it performs better than the ibm doip dialer.

Maybe you could try turning off your firewall temporarily to see if it helps.

Date: 24 Feb, 2004 on 03:36
"invalid fcs" - can anbody help me?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: