Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Warp Server SMP Licencing
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Vern
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 May, 2002
1. Warp Server SMP Licencing
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Can anyone let me know if you are covered to use SMP if you only purchased standard OS/2 Warp Server?
I know when we bought SMP it cost no more we just had to send off for the CD.

Thanks

Date: 17 May, 2002 on 12:29
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Warp Server SMP Licencing
last updated at 17 May, 2002 14:52 (1 times)
No, if You bought the regular Warp Server you're not covered for the SMP-code. This is only valid offer when buying the Warp Server Advanced. As You mentioned You sent in a form to IBM and in return you received the code.

If you want the SMP-kernal I suggest that you upgrade to WSFeB where the SMP-kernal is included.

Kim Haverblad
OS/2 World.Com
http://www.os2world.com
Date: 17 May, 2002 on 14:51
Vern
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 May, 2002
3. Re:Warp Server SMP Licencing
Thanks Kim,

I may have misled you. Warp Server Advanced was purchased but not SMP.
So does advanced cover you for SMP?

Thanks again

Date: 20 May, 2002 on 12:39
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
4. Re:Warp Server SMP Licencing
Yes, the SMP should be covered then. Within the WSA box there should be a form that You fill in and fax in to IBM in return you get the SMP code on CD. At least that was how it worked out. Since of the release of WSFeB I not sure if this offer still stands. If You can't find the "voucher" I recall that there somewhere in the readme files is something that You could print out and fax to IBM.

/Kim

Date: 20 May, 2002 on 14:13
Warp Server SMP Licencing
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: