Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Os/2 logon timeout increase?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
kmcg
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Aug, 2001
1. Os/2 logon timeout increase?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Is there a way to increase domain logon timeout values in Os/2? I know in NT its a registry setting, is there something similar in OS/2? I need to increase the timeout value because of the delay for our switched ethernet network.
Date: 16 Aug, 2001 on 21:51
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:Os/2 logon timeout increase?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Well, I know that this is a rather old posting. But hey, let's give it a try.

Well can override dymanic timeout management if your file system requests are expected to be less than the minimum value of 14 seconds or longer thatn the maximum value of 60 seconds. The minimum and maximum values can be specified in your config.sys file as follows:

mfsmintimeout=x
mfsmaxtimeout=y

where x is the minimum number of seconds before timeout occurs and y is the maximum number of seconds before timeout occurs.

Since I don't have the above problem myself I can't verify if this solves your login problem. But MFS periodically sends a "heartbeat" call to the server to see if it's alive. It could help you out.

And You might also take a look in c:/ibmlan/ibmlan.ini file. It might just need some tuning there.

/Kim

Date: 06 Mar, 2002 on 07:17
Os/2 logon timeout increase?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: