Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
OS/2 Peer problems with sharing
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
hausmaus
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://outpostbbs.net
since: 11 Aug, 2004
1. OS/2 Peer problems with sharing
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi, everyone.

I'm running Warp 4.52 using a Davicom chipset-enabled NIC (I think it's labelled a Compaq iCard). I have Peer installed and everything is working. I can get onto the Internet via my dialup connection over my LAN (I'm using a W2K computer with ICS on temporarily until I get broadband) and I can get Peer started, but here's the problem.

I went to try to connect to the W2K machine to share one of its drives with the OS/2 machine. Suddenly, everything froze for a full minute (including the clock), then I got a SYS popup of "The network has been disconnected". Then, later, I was tinkering around and I'd discovered that in MPTS->Network Configuration->NETBIOS OVER TCP/IP->Broadcast Addresses was completely destroyed-the file couldn't be found.

I can fix the file, but I'm wondering why suddenly the Connections program suddenly couldn't connect anymore and why that file got hosed. I'd include more info if I could, but I am at a local university library using their broadband (I can check this later tonight at home).

Oh, OS/2 did see the other computers fine when I clicked on "SERVER" when trying to connect to network drives...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Date: 23 Nov, 2004 on 22:43
OS/2 Peer problems with sharing
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: