Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Password change in os/2 in Windows2003 domain
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kvolsgaard
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 31 Jan, 2005
1. Password change in os/2 in Windows2003 domain
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 31 Jan, 2005 14:25 (2 times)
I have a problem when my OS/2 clients changes password on my windows2003 Domain Controller with AD (Active Directory).

My windows2003 server is setup to ask domain user’s for new password every 60 days.

My User’s use OS/2 warp 4.0 clients with newest fix pack. (did also try with eSC 1.2).

A normal logon works fine and accessing shares also works fine.

When a user is being prompt to change password he can enter a new password and press OK to this. But OS/2 then prompts him again. The password has been changed, but the Check box "user must change password at next logon" in windows is not unchecked. If a admin unchecked this the user can logon with the new password and continue his works for another 60 days.

I tried calling IBM and Microsoft, but no help there.

Anyone who has an idea?

Regards Kvolsgaard

Date: 31 Jan, 2005 on 14:15
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Password change in os/2 in Windows2003 domain
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

When I was connecting my OS/2 box to a Win 2003 server network, I never had to change my password, so haven't come across the problem that you have (I'm in a different place now, I'm about to migrate the server to WSeB). I know that there was a Windows script (VBScript I think) for teachers to reset the pupils password, which set the "change password" flag, but I don't know if (a) there is a way to unset with scripting, or (b) whether that can be run from OS/2. Sorry.

Stuart

Date: 02 Feb, 2005 on 09:11
Password change in os/2 in Windows2003 domain
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: