Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
Network Printer Access
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Bobber
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 28 Sep, 2004
1. Network Printer Access
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I'm a newbie to Networking. 3 computers running eCS 1.25 and networked together. All is working with respect to drives being shared. This is a printer question.

Under Local Network/Sharing and Connecting/Connections Device:lpt1, Remote Name:\\BOB1\HPDESKJE,
Auto Connect:Yes, Status:Active.

How do I access the remote printer?? Command line only or is there an Icon somewhere that I have not found?

Date: 25 Apr, 2005 on 20:55
Pete
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 14 Aug, 2003
2. Re:Network Printer Access

Bobber (25 Apr, 2005 20:55):
I'm a newbie to Networking. 3 computers running eCS 1.25 and networked together. All is working with respect to drives being shared. This is a printer question.

Under Local Network/Sharing and Connecting/Connections Device:lpt1, Remote Name:\\BOB1\HPDESKJE,
Auto Connect:Yes, Status:Active.

How do I access the remote printer?? Command line only or is there an Icon somewhere that I have not found?

Hi

From the above looks like the printer is shared on host \\BOB1

On all other PCs requiring access to this printer do the "Install Network Printer" bit - Drag a Network Printer template from Templates onto the Desktop and fill in the details by selecting Server (BOB1) and Resource (HPDESKJE) from the drop down lists.

You should make sure that all PCs are running the same build (omni 30.822 or 30.827 are recent/current) printer driver to help avoid possible printing problems.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Date: 25 Apr, 2005 on 21:28
Bobber
Normal member
in user

since: 28 Sep, 2004
3. Re:Network Printer Access
Hi

From the above looks like the printer is shared on host \\BOB1

On all other PCs requiring access to this printer do the "Install Network Printer" bit - Drag a Network Printer template from Templates onto the Desktop and fill in the details by selecting Server (BOB1) and Resource (HPDESKJE) from the drop down lists.

You should make sure that all PCs are running the same build (omni 30.822 or 30.827 are recent/current) printer driver to help avoid possible printing problems.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Yes, Indeed. Thank you!! As you can probably tell, I am on the low end of the learning curve for LAN material. I printed out my first page on my Network Printer.

Date: 25 Apr, 2005 on 23:10
Network Printer Access
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: