Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Networking
XP and OS/2 Peer
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
1. XP and OS/2 Peer
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 05 Oct, 2002 00:51 (1 times)
If you've tried to get peer service to work betwen OS2 and XP you might get into trouble but change the following key on the registry to "1" form "0" should do the trick.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters\
Lmannounce=1

Also if you don't want to run NETBEUI over TCP/IP you have to install it by hand since it can't be installed from network properties. It is found in C:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NET\NETBEUI on the xp machine. READ the netbui.txt file for more information.

Date: 05 Oct, 2002 on 00:51
pipes
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Aug, 2001
2. Re:XP and OS/2 Peer
remember, netbeui isn't supported by MS...
Date: 08 Oct, 2002 on 20:12
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
3. Re:XP and OS/2 Peer
True, since they removed it from XP, one of the things I noticed when upgraded from 2k to Xp. Major error during the upgrade One had to remove the protocol before the installation could continue.
Date: 08 Oct, 2002 on 20:34
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
4. Re:XP and OS/2 Peer
we have just installed Server 2003 (the server version of XP), and I cannot logon from my OS/2 (eCS 1.1) box. I have setup WINS on the server, but there is no NetBEUI driver on the CD-ROM (as described above for XP). Any ideas on how to do it? I can ping the 2003 server, so TCP/IP is fine. I reallydon't want to have to keep an NT4 server around just for me (although I'd be happy to install a WSeB server!)

Stuart

Date: 16 Jul, 2003 on 12:17
Jesper
Normal member
in staff

since: 29 Jan, 2001
5. Re:XP and OS/2 Peer
last updated at 25 Jul, 2003 21:41 (1 times)
No problem, netbeui are on the XP installation disc. Go to MS web support and search for Xp netbeui (or similar) and they will tell you how to install. I use ecs peer and one XP home edition.
Date: 25 Jul, 2003 on 19:55
XP and OS/2 Peer
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: