Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
Thousand separator problem
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Agent Smart
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 09 Oct, 2003
1. Thousand separator problem
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to OS/2 v4.52 and I have one annoying problem left to solve.

The application I'm managing is not saving the data in number fields correctly to the database (DB/2 v 2.12). If I'm saving e.g. 999 everything is fine but if I save 5000 only 5 will actually be forwarded to the database. I can see that the application is autmatically placing a comma after the first digit. I have tried to change the settings in Locale and config.sys but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?
/Marcus

Date: 09 Oct, 2003 on 15:46
Radek
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Thousand separator problem
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
You must make your updated locale a default locale. Then, all numbers anywhere in the system will be displayed in the wanted form immediately. No reboots are needed.
You can see whether you have suceeded in setting the locale by checking, for example, the "free disk space" in the "tree view" of a drive. If the commas are gone then the locale is okay.
Date: 10 Oct, 2003 on 10:04
Thousand separator problem
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: