Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
jep
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://w1.601.telia.com/~u60198494
since: 14 Jan, 2003
1. I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 18 Oct, 2003 15:18 (1 times)
I've tried to write a little extension to rexx as .dll but can't get it to work in C++.
Could you please help me? With an hands on example, preferably with every step I have to do to get it to function properly e.g. configure compiler/make/linker etc.

With kind regards,
//Jan-Erik

===
I just ask myself:
Why do I have to tweak everything myself to make compilers do anything useful? I've read C++ for at least 1.5 years at school but I can't get a compiler to do anyting useful under OS/2. I've tried VAC++ 4.0 where I had to tweak ibmsamp.inc, move files etc. but it didn't help. I tried gcc emx, it just complains about everything in general. I've managed to create a dummy .dll to work with Watcom after tearing my hair because the lack of documentation, but not a C++ version.

I'm used to that the installer takes care of the settings, contain all libraries and then everything works right out of the box. Tweak this, download that, patch here and rewrite there, has stopped me from doing apps. for os/2 for years.

Date: 18 Oct, 2003 on 15:18
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
2. Re:I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++
You may like to get vxtech01.zip from hobbes. I believe this file gives an example of building a rexx dll with Watcom.

There is also an rexx dll (regexx.dll) example included with gcc-emx.

Hope this helps.

Date: 19 Oct, 2003 on 09:48
jep
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://w1.601.telia.com/~u60198494
since: 14 Jan, 2003
3. Re:I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++

I believe this file gives an example of building a rexx dll with Watcom.

Thank you for your help, but is it really "up to date" with the current verson of OpenWatCom C/C++?

There is also an rexx dll (regexx.dll) example included with gcc-emx.

Couldn't find more than just a .c-file...

With kind regards,
//Jan-Erik

Date: 20 Oct, 2003 on 11:16
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
4. Re:I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++
The rexx dll example in vxtech01.zip did compile with openwatcom 1 using the os/2 headers and libraries included with openwatcom. It seems that openwatcom is not much different from watcom version 9.5.

The sample files for emx-gcc version 2.8.1 were in emxample.zip available on hobbes.

The files relevant to building a rexx dll are regexx.c, regexx.def and regrep.cmd. It also requires the regexp library included with gcc ver 2.8.1.

There was an error in one of the versions of regexx.c it needed #define INCL_REXXSAA added near the top of the file.

You should also check www.edm2.com/0510/rexxdll.html as it may be helpful.

Date: 22 Oct, 2003 on 07:54
I'd like to create a rexx dll with C++
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: