Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
Autorun with removable USB Drive device
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
christine
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 03 Feb, 2004
1. Autorun with removable USB Drive device
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have written a software application using visual C++. The goal is to start the application automatically as soon as the USB Drive is plugged into the USB port. How can I do this?

1. Can I use .inf file to autorun my progrm?

2. When I plug in the usb device, win xp ask me what operation do I perfer(use windows media player, use windows explorer.....). Can I add an item in that dialog, so I can choose to open my program?

Date: 03 Feb, 2004 on 03:01
Chris W.
Premium member
in spoc

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/cdwriting
since: 14 May, 2002
2. Re:Autorun with removable USB Drive device
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
last updated at 03 Feb, 2004 14:34 (1 times)

christine (03 Feb, 2004 04:01):
I have written a software application using visual C++. The goal is to start the application automatically as soon as the USB Drive is plugged into the USB port. How can I do this?

Sounds like a windows programming question. You should be aware, that this is an OS/2 forum. You probably get more answers when visiting a windows programmers forum.

1. Can I use .inf file to autorun my progrm?

AFAIK that works.

2. When I plug in the usb device, win xp ask me what operation do I perfer(use windows media player, use windows explorer.....). Can I add an item in that dialog, so I can choose to open my program?

I think so because some CD writing application, for example, insert their own stuff into this dialog. I seem to remeber reading something about that in the MS developer documentation.

Just browse the MSDN stuff at www.microsoft.com.

HTH

Chris

Date: 03 Feb, 2004 on 14:34
Autorun with removable USB Drive device
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: