Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
SciTech Snap and BItBlt
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
kif
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://hjem.tele2adsl.dk/kimfoder
since: 31 Mar, 2004
1. SciTech Snap and BItBlt
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi

I am having this strange problem, I hope you can help me !

While working on a project, I discovered a problem using BitBlt, when I'm drawing a scaled part of a bitmap onto a presentation spac.

I have a bitmap of (exsample) 1300*1200 poxels, from this I cut the lower left 200 * 200 pixels and draw them in a window.

If I draw the bitmap in 200*200 (or less) I have no problem.

If I scale the bitmap to (exsample) 300*300, it looks like I get the TOP left 200*200 of my source bitmap ?

This is the result no matter what I scale to as long as it is larger than my source rectangle !

When I move my source rectangle upwards, it looks as if it moves downwards, as if the Y axis has been swapped !

I have found the same problem in PMJPEG 2.03.

I'm fairly shure I havn't seen this problem before, but I have lately ibstalled SciTech Snap, and now I'm wondering if this is a known problem ?

I'm using Snap SE build 430 (downloaded from IBM yesterday).

Hope you can help.

Kim Foder

Date: 18 May, 2004 on 20:27
Radek
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
2. Re:SciTech Snap and BItBlt
I cannot help but I whould like to mention another problem with SNAP, which is related to the yours most likely.
The problem is with hardware cursor (underscore, block, I-beam, etc.) It can happen in a PM application that if you scroll a window then the hardware cursor will make "droppings" in the window on the lines (columns), which it leaves during scrolling. The window becomes fouled unbearably The problem occurs no matter where you scroll: down, up, right,...
The problem affects only some video cards run by SNAP. The problem can be demonstrated on EPM: load a text document and try scrolling.
I have found the following:
- Not all cards are affected. I've never seen the problem with my old Riva TNT2 Ultra. I meet the problem regularly with my new nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 TD 8x.
- Naturally, the droppings aren't permanent. Making PgUp and PgDn will clear them but they will occur again when you try to scroll.
- Switching from "accel=full" to "accel=most" solves the problem partially: accel=full always makes droppings, accel=most only sometimes. Continuing going down with hardware acceleration does not seem to solve anything.
- When the droppings occur then the following maneuvres can help:
-- iconizing the window and restoring it,
-- placing EPM into Minimized Window Folder and restoring it,
-- moving the window a bit.

I am running a registered version of SNAP. Video mode 1600x1200x24, refresh 75 Hz, monitor Sony CPD 450, memory: RAM 1GB, video 128MB, motherboard K7N2 Delta L, CPU Athlon XP 2200+, 8x gate open - closing it does not seem to solve anything.

Does anybody know something?

Date: 19 May, 2004 on 10:59
MiPo
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.ffohttop.de
since: 19 May, 2004
3. Re:SciTech Snap and BItBlt
Have you tried following from the SNAP-readme ?

Fixpak-Specific Problems

OS/2 Fixpaks contain updates to the core GRADD system, parts of which will
never be updated by SciTech SNAP Graphics/se**. Therefore, updating to the
latest Fixpak can often clear up some graphics problems. Unfortunately,
there are sometimes exceptions, and new problems appear. If there are known
workarounds to these problems, we will try to list them here.

** Washed-out icons **

In Warp 4 FP14 and above, WSeB FP2, and the Convenience Paks, there is
new "enhanced stretch-blitting." This new feature has one known ill
side-effect, where some of the icons for folders and other items will
appear "washed out" when running in 24bpp or 32bpp. To fix this, you
can disable the new feature by adding the following line to your
Config.Sys file:

SET ENH_STRETCH=NO

This setting will not take affect until after you reboot.

Date: 19 May, 2004 on 20:21
kif
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://hjem.tele2adsl.dk/kimfoder
since: 31 Mar, 2004
4. Re:SciTech Snap and BItBlt
>Have you tried following from the SNAP-readme ?

>Fixpak-Specific Problems
>________________________

I have, without any difference, unfortuantly :o(

Kim Foder

Date: 19 May, 2004 on 21:56
SciTech Snap and BItBlt
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: