Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
Porting VDMSound to OS/2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
cytan
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Dec, 2003
1. Porting VDMSound to OS/2
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Has anyone looked at trying to port VDMSound to OS/2. It's at

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound

VDMSound provides sound support in DOS boxes under WinNT Win2000 and WinXP. I've tried it out by booting to M$XP and
it works with at least 1 DOS game . The authors claim that
it is a 100% emulation of Soundblaster and is completely
independent of the audio hardware. It is also (from the FAQ) "modular and is designed with portability in mind".

I've not looked at the source code yet. I might try to port
it but my experience with writing VDDs is identically zero.
(But there's always time to learn). So is there any brave soul
out there who might to try this?

Date: 30 Aug, 2004 on 20:20
Fudeba
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.caetano.eng.br/
since: 31 Oct, 2003
2. Re:Porting VDMSound to OS/2
That would be great... I miss a lot the sound of old DOS games with latest PCI sound cards. )^=
I had even tried to compile the VDMSound and DOSBox under OS/2, but no sucess. )^=
Date: 30 Aug, 2004 on 20:47
Dante
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 20 Dec, 2002
3. Re:Porting VDMSound to OS/2
The lack of legacy sound support in DOS is one of the things annoying me using OS/2 in latest hardware. It is a bit hard to play good old DOS games without sound. I encourage further development of VDMSound in OS/2.
Date: 31 Aug, 2004 on 00:32
Porting VDMSound to OS/2
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: