Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Programming
Creating xCenter (eCenter) widgets
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
1. Creating xCenter (eCenter) widgets
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I'd like to create a "logon" widget, which when clicked starts a LAN logon. If the logon is successful, it changes the icon to indicate this, and changes the behaviour so that clicking again logs the user off. Is there such a thing already, cna it be done, is it easy?

TIA,
Stuart

Date: 21 Feb, 2005 on 13:07
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
2. Re:Creating xCenter (eCenter) widgets
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I don't think it already exists, but, have a look at http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/ to check.

I can't think of any reason why this won't be possible. It might be possible with the a "Rexx Button" or "Rexx Gauge" widget. "HBNetMsgWidget" might give you some clues how to do it.

Otherwise, you will have to code in C to do it. I'm sure the libraries are in the OS/2 Toolkit to do this, but, I have never tried. And, there are sample widget code on Netlabs that you can get, or, some widgets include the code. I haven't put the source in mine, but, if you want to look at it, I can send it.

---
David

Date: 22 Feb, 2005 on 02:17
Creating xCenter (eCenter) widgets
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: