Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/samples/wcamdemo.zip
Here is a link to USB webcams. It has .dll, .sys and .exe files. There does not seem to be any installation file or text file with information. I tried it but it does not seem to work. I copied the files to where the
USB drivers are and will retry the program again. Is there any trick to getting it to work? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TomleeM

I have a Creative WebCam that is connected to an USB port. It is seen as a Creative Webcam by the usb manager.

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2 Warp-ed/eComStation-ed to the very end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date: 04 Apr, 2005 on 15:47
osw
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 05 Apr, 2005
2. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Hi!

There was a file whith brief list of webcams supposed to work:

(wcamlist)

* Philips PCA646
* Philips PCVC675
* Philips PCVC680
* Philips PCVC690
* Philips PCVC720/40
* Philips PCVC730
* Philips PCVC740
* Philips PCVC750
* Askey VC010
* Creative Labs Webcam 5
* Creative Labs Webcam Pro Ex
* Logitech QuickCam 3000 Pro
* Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro
* Logitech QuickCam Notebook Pro
* Logitech QuickCam Zoom
* Logitech QuickCam Orbit
* Logitech QuickCam Sphere
* Samsung MPC-C10
* Samsung MPC-C30
* Sotec Afina Eye
* AME CU-001
* Visionite VCS-UM100
* Visionite VCS-UC300

So check if your's matches the list.

It may be also good idea to ask Vladest, main developer of warpvision, which is also author of drivers we talk about. (i've found his tag in binaries viddll.dll)

If one knows how this thing works it must be him.

greetings osw

Date: 05 Apr, 2005 on 09:19
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
3. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Thanks for the information. I think my web cam is on the list; it is one of the Creative webcams (I will have to check to make sure).

---
BigWarpGuy
Date: 05 Apr, 2005 on 16:08
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

4. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
I guess my webcam is not on the list. It stops at the line that points to webcam sys file and says it is not found (I know it is there since I copied it there). I hope my web cam is supported. It is seen by the usb manager.

---
BigWarpGuy
Date: 11 Apr, 2005 on 14:36
osw
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
5. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
It seems that at the moment usb webcams support with that driver is still experimental (uncomplete) and incomplete as well as limited to very particular models on list.... as usual with os/2 drivers...
According to post on warpvision forum usb webcamssupport is about to become a part of warpvision soon (?) similarily to tv card support.

greetings/2

Date: 12 Apr, 2005 on 20:35
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

6. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
I am hoping it will one day support my webcam. Having it part of WarpVision means there is not only a driver for webcams for OS/2-eCS but also a program that one can use with it. Every project has to start somewhere. I am glad it has started.

---
BigWarpGuy
Date: 14 Apr, 2005 on 18:19
osw
Normal member
in user

7. Re:Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Hi!
My last post was pointing to forum about warpvision, but no link...

http://os2.kiev.ua/en/forum.read.php?f=1&i=1968&t=1968

Btw. Becoming part of warpvision doesn't mean usb webcams become more usefull immediately.... i can imagine just displaying a picture from cam in warpvision window.... not very usefull. I suspect there is more work to do, port or write from scratch some internet based videoconferencing tool supporting compatible (to other existing solutions) protocols for sending and receiving video streams.... On the multimedia side, some video stream recorder able to utilise usb connected webcams...

greetings/2

Date: 14 Apr, 2005 on 18:34
Webcam Software/Driver Installation?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: