Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
SYS0318 error message?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. SYS0318 error message?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have an IBM Thinkpad 755C notebook computer (75 mhz cpu, 36 meg ram, 1.5 gigabyte hd) with a parallel port drive case with a cd-rom drive (Mitsumi). The drivers that came with it work with OS/2 (I have Warp ver 3 but without fixpaks). Warp sees the drive and the cd-rom in it but does not see all the files. It sees some of them and gives an error message of 'SYS0318: Message file oso0001.msg cannot be found for message 0013'. The drive case software detects the parallel port as a 'unidirectional' one. Any help will be appreciated.
OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 13 Jul, 2002 on 21:10
Kim
Team member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.haverblad.se
since: 10 Dec, 2000
2. Re:SYS0318 error message?
Wild guess here but what kind of CD is it, ie does it use the Joliet format (long format on the file names)? If so Warp 3 doesn't support this and You have to upgrade the system with FP.
Date: 17 Jul, 2002 on 01:02
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
3. Re:SYS0318 error message?
I was able to install fixpak 26 (from the Hobbes cd-rom). I created the diskettes using the loaddsk.exe and makedsk.cmd (copied to the hard drive of my desktop and altering the latter program) from the WarpUp fixpak 15 cdrom. It installed fine (till the very last but it seemed to stall). I had created bootable diskettes using loaddsk.exe and an altered makedsk.cmd with/from the newkicker.zip file also from the Hobbes cd-rom.

The cd-rom is a Mitsumi. I found it online. It is a newer cd-rom drive. I tried it after the fixpak was installed and got a 'data not found' when I tried looking at files on a cd-rom drive. I will try another cd drive (I have an IBM cdrw drive).

OS/2 Warp-ed to the very end.
Date: 17 Jul, 2002 on 16:22
SYS0318 error message?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: