Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
1. RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I have both a cdrw and a dvdrw in my desktop computer. It has 512 meg ram, and a 2.9 gigahertz AMD cpu. I have bought and installed the RSJ CDWriter software.
It detects both the cdrw and dvdrw. I know how to use and record on the cdrw (it shows this when I use the CDWriter program). How do I get it to show the dvdrw
drive? I have some dvdr's and mini-dvdrw's that I want to try.

http://www.rsj.de

BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2-eCS.org
Director of Communications
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
supporting the past OS/2 user and the future eCS user
http://www.os2ecs.org
Date: 28 Aug, 2005 on 20:49
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 10 Aug, 2004
2. Re:RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
I'm still trying to figure this out. I've got a similar setup - both a CDRW and a DVDRW.

Since the DVDRW will write both DVD's and CD's, what I ended up doing is switching the jumpers around, so that the DVDRW is a "Master" drive and the CDRW is a "Slave" drive. This way when I attach RSJ it attaches to the DVD drive. It then recognizes either DVD's or CD's depending on the media put into the DVDRW drive.

I havn't yet figured out how to get RSJ to attach to the CDRW - although I admit I havn't read the manual yet (there probably is an answer somewhere in there).

Otherwise I still use CDRecord a lot for burning CD's on the CDRW.

Date: 28 Aug, 2005 on 22:58
Ben Dragon
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 15 Apr, 2004
3. Re:RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
I had the same situation, (until my CD burner died).

It's easy to get RSJ to access both as long as it recognizes both.

Simply open two copies of CDView.

The second copy will pick up on the nextt automatically.

Just take note of the drive letter it wishes to asign the second attached drive and make sure it does not conflict with the one given the first one..

HTH

---

Date: 29 Aug, 2005 on 05:18
BigWarpGuy
Premium member
in staff

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://home.comcast.net/~tomleem
since: 12 Jan, 2001
4. Re:RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Thank you for the help. I will give it a try. I will return with the results (I will try the dvdr's and mini-dvdr's).

---
BigWarpGuy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OS/2-eCS.org
Director of Communications
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
supporting the past OS/2 user and the future eCS user
http://www.os2ecs.org
Date: 29 Aug, 2005 on 14:22
eCSRD
Normal member
in user

since: 29 Mar, 2005
5. Re:RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Hi !

Of course you can attach all your burners with a different drive letter with RSJ.
CD-VIEW is ok for tracks or IOS or audio files while cd-attach make the drive visible as a CD-ROM but with "HD" write capabilities...

To use cd-attach comman line, you must know the IDE mapped scsi Ids or
scsi Ids (if no mapping is used). CDRWSEL willm help you to do the attach

Date: 30 Aug, 2005 on 22:01
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

since: 10 Aug, 2004
6. Re:RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Thanks,

I've tried the suggestions and found that yes - it works for me to attach both drives in RSJ. I just never thought of opening up 2 copies of the application... Seems simple now that I think about it.

Date: 31 Aug, 2005 on 01:50
RSJ CDWriter and a CDRW and a DVDRW Drive?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: