Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Interesting Pointing device
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
calmssea
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 12 Jun, 2005
1. Interesting Pointing device
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I happened to have a WACOM Graphire 2, a tablet type of input device.
I never expected that to work with my eCS, but it works! Though it only supports relative positioning, which is kind of klumbsy, but better than nothing at all..

On the other hand, I don't really understand why MS wireless mouses (I have one with finger print reader and another traveler's wireless MS mouse) do not work.. USB resource manager reads them just fine, but strangely the mouse refuses to work....maybe there needs to be some other trigger for those devices?

Date: 03 Nov, 2005 on 18:13
tex
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 25 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Interesting Pointing device

calmssea (03 Nov, 2005 18:13):
I happened to have a WACOM Graphire 2, a tablet type of input device.
I never expected that to work with my eCS, but it works! Though it only supports relative positioning, which is kind of klumbsy, but better than nothing at all..

On the other hand, I don't really understand why MS wireless mouses (I have one with finger print reader and another traveler's wireless MS mouse) do not work.. USB resource manager reads them just fine, but strangely the mouse refuses to work....maybe there needs to be some other trigger for those devices?

Check to make sure your

device=c:\os2\boot\mouse.sys

statement is listed ahead (above) your

usbmouse.sys statement in your config.sys file. Also make sure that the base device statement is unremmed in the config.sys.

Date: 03 Nov, 2005 on 21:46
tex
Normal member
in user

since: 25 Jul, 2003
3. Re:Interesting Pointing device
Check to make sure your

device=c:\os2\boot\mouse.sys

statement is listed ahead (above) your

usbmouse.sys statement in your config.sys file. Also make sure that the base device statement is unremmed in the config.sys.[/quote]

That is the USB basedev statement in your config.sys file.

Date: 03 Nov, 2005 on 21:48
calmssea
Normal member
in user

4. Re:Interesting Pointing device
well, i hardly suspect that to be the cause, since eCS 1.2 installs those as default on m.ost modern PC, as they already have those..

I am going to try legacy USB mouses - non wireless - to see if that makes any difference. Since USB resource monitor can read the devices, and tablet working means mouse.sys and usbmouse.sys are loaded properly as stated in the config.sys file. Well, if they do not work, i do have plenty of other options as well so not a show stopper..

Date: 04 Nov, 2005 on 08:03
davidfor
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this memberhttp://www.os2world.com/djfos2
since: 20 Jan, 2003
5. Re:Interesting Pointing device
You should also consider trying the AMouse drivers. These work for me with several wireless mouses I have tried. I haven't tried an MS mouse.

---
David
Date: 08 Nov, 2005 on 05:52
calmssea
Normal member
in user

6. Re:Interesting Pointing device
well, i am now using a logitec wired mouse..

Wireless are moved to other stations. So while the root of problem is not solved, i have a quiet working station...

I might give AMouse driver a try later, but as i have plenty of USB to PS2 converters, I think i can stay with my legacy ports and devices..

Date: 08 Nov, 2005 on 16:25
QHand
Normal member
in user

since: 02 Sep, 2003
7. Re:Interesting Pointing device
I use Logitech cordless mini optical mouse (USB), it works very good under OS/2. Only 20 EUR.
Date: 10 Nov, 2005 on 16:50
splonk
Normal member
in user

since: 04 Oct, 2002
8. Re:Interesting Pointing device
Have you tried the drivers that the QueenCy programmer has written? Apparently they support the Wacom Intuos. The Graphire is similar, so it should work.

Link to QueenCY: http://www.1drop.net/os2.html (in Japanese but with readme docs in English)

Link to Wacom driver: http://www.1drop.net/w/W1_011.zip

Date: 10 Nov, 2005 on 17:18
Pete
Normal member
in user

since: 14 Aug, 2003
9. Re:Interesting Pointing device

calmssea (03 Nov, 2005 18:13):

--- snip ---

Just ran into this myself.

Maybe the M$ wireless mouse does not conform to whatever standard the rest of the world agreed on and uses it's own - would be a standard M$ practice.

I took it back to PC World (local overpriced computer supermarket) and swapped it - and some change back - for a wired M$ USB Trackball (with PS/2 adapter - just in case) which works fine in a USB port.

So, definitely not the USB drivers - which leaves the M$ wireless mouse as the culprit.

Regards

Pete

Date: 11 Nov, 2005 on 20:17
Interesting Pointing device
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: