Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
DANIS506 and PCMCIA drives?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
Stuart
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 16 Jul, 2003
1. DANIS506 and PCMCIA drives?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
Hi,

I'm trying to st up my T20 to use the DANIS506 driver for my PCMCIA cards, rather than the Card and Socket services from IBM, since I cannot partition or format drives at the moment. I have a Toshiba 5Gb PCMCIA hard disk that I want to use as a single HPFS or JFS volume, but currently I have had to partition it under Windows and format 1.9 Gb as FAT - the rest is not able to be seen.

What are the switches I need, and what other lines in config.sys need REMming out? I've searched with Google for days now without auccess.

TIA,
Stuart

Date: 19 Jan, 2006 on 00:45
zoron
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 19 Oct, 2003
2. Re:DANIS506 and PCMCIA drives?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message

Stuart (19 Jan, 2006 00:45):
Hi,

I'm trying to st up my T20 to use the DANIS506 driver for my PCMCIA cards, rather than the Card and Socket services from IBM, since I cannot partition or format drives at the moment. I have a Toshiba 5Gb PCMCIA hard disk that I want to use as a single HPFS or JFS volume, but currently I have had to partition it under Windows and format 1.9 Gb as FAT - the rest is not able to be seen.

What are the switches I need, and what other lines in config.sys need REMming out? I've searched with Google for days now without auccess.

TIA,
Stuart

You can use the /PCS switch with DaniS506 to access your pcmcia harddisks but I believe you still need pcmcia.sys and socket services.

If you add the /W /PCS switches to DaniS506 you should see the second IDE controller (pc card) displayed at boot time.

Date: 22 Jan, 2006 on 10:08
DANIS506 and PCMCIA drives?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: