Home | Gallery | Forum | Services | Webmail | Archive | Links | Contact Us | About Us
OS2 World.Com Forum
OS2 World.Com Online Discussion Forum.
Index / OS/2 - General / Hardware
Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
maximiliott
Normal member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 09 Mar, 2006
1. Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?
Reply to this topic with quote Modify your message
I used OS2 Warp 3 ten years ago but then I changed to Windows .... now I want to change back to OS2 - but I am not shure wheter my hardware will work under OS2

Following hardware is used:

S-ata (standard INTEL controller onboard on my MSI mainboard)
Pinnacle TV PCI card
Creative Laps SB128
MSI ATI Graphic card 9600PRO
Kyocera PostScript Laserprinter
Mustek 600CP scanner parallel port
USB
DVD Drive
ISDN card Fritz AVM (i am using ISDN (Germany))

I need the following software:

Office, maybe I want to use a imaging program like Photoshop or GIMP

I dont want to play games or something like that!

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 10:36
Radek
Premium member
in user

View this member's profileSearch all posts from this memberSend an email to this member
since: 17 Jul, 2003
2. Re:Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?
(1) SATA - prepare for big problems. It can work. It need not. It depends on the HD driver. You will need some new version of the Dani driver. Consult the documentation of the driver.
(2) TV card. I don't know, I don't have TV card in my machine but TV software for OS/2 does exist. Consult documentation of the software.
(3) SB128. Yes.
(4) ATI9600. Yes. You will need SNAP.
(5) Scanner. I don't know.
(6) USB. Yes.
(7) DVD. Yes.
(8) Network. You'd better make sure whether you will have a driver. Search the web. ISDN should not be a problem but the card itself can be.
Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 11:31
Cris
Premium member
in user

since: 20 Nov, 2003
3. Re:Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?

maximiliott (09 Mar, 2006 10:36):
I used OS2 Warp 3 ten years ago but then I changed to Windows .... now I want to change back to OS2 - but I am not shure wheter my hardware will work under OS2

You can download the eComStation live demo CD from the www.ecomstation.com site and try for yourself.
This is a good test, but please note that even if it doesn't work, it doesn't mean that eCS won't work on your HW, since there have been updates in the meantime.

Bye

Cris

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 14:53
Fahrvenugen
Premium member
in user

since: 10 Aug, 2004
4. Re:Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?
Mustek 600CP Scanner: I don't know about that model scanner, but I have a Mustek 600 III EP Plus parallel port scanner. I've never been able to make it work under OS/2. It is one of the reasons that I keep a copy of Windows on my hard disk to boot over to.

For Postscript printers, as long as it is true postscript you won't likely have a problem. I don't know if the Kyocera is specifically listed, but OS/2 has decent Postscript drivers.

For sata, you might run into problems, but it may also work. You'll definitely need the Danis506 driver, at:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?sh=1&button=Search&key=danis506r175.zip&stype=all&sort=type&dir=/

Date: 09 Mar, 2006 on 19:19
Will my Hardware work under OS2 ?
Post a new topic Reply to this Topic Printable Version of this Topic Forward this Topic to your Friend Topic Commands (for administrator or moderators only)
All times are CET+1. < Prev. | P. 1 | Next >
Go to: